FOURTY-SIX

RON WEASLEY WAS nothing short of being on fire. The keeper had never had a better game in his career. The Gryffindor stands were to put it lightly, going nuts. The deafening chants of "Weasley!" Almost hurt Freya's ears as she watched the match. The only thing helping her out was the layers of wool she had covering every inch of her body. The freezing temperatures were terrible, but nobody was willing to miss the showdown that was unfolding.

"Ron's doing bloody incredible!" Neville cheered, his red face paint from ear to ear.

"Yeah he is." Freya nodded, keeping Harry's little secret to herself as she watched Ron make another save.

Hermione on the other hand was cheering and whooping loudly from her spot, except she was quickly overthrown by obnoxiously lovey shouts of Lavender Brown.

"I think she's making my ears bleed." Freya muttered, not exactly intending for anyone else to hear.

"Yours aren't already?" Hermione rolled her eyes as another "Go Ron!" Came from behind them.

It was a subtle interaction, but an interaction none the less. The two girls had an unofficial, nonverbal agreement to attempt at getting along.

Freya herself was watching Ron, but she was also unashamedly following her boyfriends every move. She had even worn his scarf for good luck. Harry was noticeably stepped back from his typical limelight and went after the snitch without being noticed. However, even though he wasn't showing off for the crowd, there was a girl he was showing off for. Harry flew his broom by the stands just low enough to give a small wave and wink to his girlfriend.

"And that's the match folks, you're winner is-"

»»-------------¤-------------««

"GRYFFINDOR," the echoing shouts filled the common room just as loud as they had the pitch. Once Ron had entered the room they all quickly changed to chanting Weasley.

"Well you certain gave him a leg up." Freya glanced up at Harry who had an arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Just being a good friend." Harry shrugged, smiling down at her, but Freya had a skeptical look.

"You're a pretty good faker too."

"What?" Harry froze, scrunching his eyebrows down at his girlfriend who had a grin on her face.

"Show me the vial." She encouraged, putting a finger on his shirt pocket.

Slightly defeated, Harry pulled out the full vial, "How'd you know?"

"I'm a blonde brainiac." Freya slumped into his arms with a laugh, "Who just happens to write your future."

"Bloody hell Majors!" Harry laughed along, digging his arms into her sides right where she was ticklish, making Freya burst in fits of giggles.

"Stop it!" She protested with what breath she had left.

The two were only cut of by an eruption of more cheers, both looking up just in time to catch Lavender pulling Ron in for a giant kiss. It didn't exactly register at first until Freya's eyes fell on Hermione. The girl had a hurt expression painted across her face just before running away.

"Oh no." Freya breathed, looking up to Harry who seemed to notice just as she did, for the grin he had earlier disappeared.

"I should-" Harry began to break away but was interrupted.

"Actually," Freya cut in, "Let me."

"What? Are you sure?" The boy had a confused look, it wasn't exactly rocket science to figure Hermione and Freya didn't get along.

"I'm sure," the blonde nodded, "I got this."

Freya broke away from Harry's arms and pushed through the crowd to follow after Hermione. The girl wasn't quite sure what was possessing her to do all this, but never the less she managed to shove through.

The crowds noise faded away once she reached the hallway and all Freya heard was a muffled cry from the steps below.

"Hermione?" She timidly reached out, not sure how she was going to react.

A large sniff came from the girl who peaked up to see who was behind her, "What?" She wiped a tear. Blue birds were chirping and flying around the two girls as Freya leaned up against the wall, "Its a charms spell I was practicing."

"Well, it's really good." Freya nodded, taking a hesitant seat next to the brunette.

The girl wasn't exactly sure where this conversation was going to go, and was lost in her own thoughts when Hermione finally said something.

"How did it feel," She breathed, "When you heard about Harry and Cho."

"We-" Freya didn't know how to respond, "I didn't really-"

"I know you liked him then Freya, at least a little bit," Hermione wiped a tear and looked at her, "He's my best friend I notice when a girl stares at him. Especially when he's staring back."

"It hurt." Freya admitted, but the funny thing was she didn't even know she had felt that way. It seemed so minor looking back, she had no idea that the weird feeling in her chest after that day was jealousy. Somehow Hermione bringing it back up resurfaced the dread the blonde didn't even know she had experienced.

Shrill and uneasily familiar laughter echoed through the hallway, causing both girls to jump. Quickly Ron and Lavender turned the corner, only pausing their snog to see if the room was free.

"Looks like this ones occupied." Lavender giggled, glancing at her Hermione just long enough to be intentional.

"What's with the birds?" Ron slipped in before he could be pulled away. Hermione immediately stood up with anger and muttered a spell that sent the chirping birds directly at him.

Before he ran away for good he managed to make eye contact with Freya, who he was incredibly surprised to see accompanying Hermione. Ron was out of sight quickly and it didn't take long for Hermione's tears to return.

"Why are you here?" Hermione breathed after a few moments of silence.

"To be honest," Freya slumped, "I'm not sure."

The genuine gesture made Hermione laugh, which surprised them both equally.

"Does this make us like friends now?"

The blonde thought for a moment before her response, "Well, if I can break my promise on Potter I suppose I can break it with you too."