FORTY

"ANYTHING INTERESTING IN your special book?" Ron asked, laying on his bed and propped up on his elbows.

"Uh yeah I guess." Harry shrugged nonchalant as he flipped through it, "Just scribbles and instructions."

"What that?" Neville pointed over his shoulder to what looked to be a spell of some sort.

"Levicorpus." Harry read from the page, "Upward flick."

"Blimey is that a spell?" The boy asked, looking at Harry with wide eyes, it wasn't one either recognized.

"Let's find out," Harry stood up and pointed at no place in particular, "Levicorpus."

Ron let out a shriek as he was suddenly hoisted by his ankles to the ceiling where he hung with his lanky arms grazing his bed, "Bloody hell Harry, get me down!"

Harry and Neville laughed as Ron tossed and squirmed in attempts to be released from the spells hold, with no luck of course.

"Knock knock." A blonde appeared at the door with a playful smile, which quickly turned confused as she looked at the scene in front of her.

"Hey Freya." Neville waved her in.

"What fun you lot seem to be having." She commented as her eyes settled on Ron dangling from the ceiling, "Is the dormitory always like this?"

"Only every other day." Harry joked, "but no shenanigans on Sundays!"

"And here I thought girls were the problematic ones," Freya laughed and looked back up at Ron who was beginning to turn purple from his prolonged stay upside down, "How's it hanging?"

"Fuck you." Ron groaned, now twirling with every move, "Say the counter spell you prats!"

"Let's see," Harry slowly scanned the lines to irritate Ron, "Ljber-Lyber, oh! Liberacorpus!"

Just as the spell left Harry's mouth, Ron fell back onto his bed with a heavy thump and grunt he huffed, "You all suck."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"It's cold as bullocks out here." Ron shivered as the snow fell onto his head.

"That's why i told you to layer up." Hermione rolled her eyes as they walked. Harry and Freya were following behind, not able to keep up to the couple in front of them.

"Do they ever stop bickering?" Freya whispered to Harry, her warm breath hitting Harry's face and making his cheeks tinge pink.

"Occasionally," Harry answered, "When Ron's eating." He snorted.

"Wow Potter, your humor is really developing." She raised her eyebrows, "One year around me and you're a comedic genius!"

"Yeah, you and my dad I suppose." Harry smiled as he looked at the snow, "That's what Remus and Sirius always say."

"I'm sure you're very much like him." Freya nudged his shoulder comfortingly.

"I hope so."

"Let's go slowpokes," Ron called from a few feet ahead, "No snogging!"

"Shut it Ronald!" Freya retorted, her scarf covering her blush as they both hurried to catch up.

The quartet reached the three broomsticks before Ron could further complain about how cold he was. His whining definitely gave them an incentive to move fast.