SIXTY-SIX

CONFUSED WAS AN understatement to how Freya felt taking in the room around her. Noise filled the Majors house in a way it hadn't it years.

Greyson wasn't much for entertaining once Naomi had passed.

Nonetheless the small home felt filled to the brim by the mere entrance of the Bellford family.

Catherine's family was nothing short of an oddity to look at. Her sister was a tall woman, like her father, dressed in stark constant to every other member. Her dark clothes stood out like a sore thumb next to her parents, who were dressed head to toe in bright attire.

"Mum!" Catherine put forth a smile, "Dad!"

Both parents immediately went in for the hug, which Catherine accepted graciously. She has always talked very highly of her parents and their upbringing.

"Well where's my hug?" The colder looking woman joked, it was unclear to Freya the nature relationship between the two women. They seemed so different, yet somehow shared the same blood.

"Albena," Catherine paused, before cracking a smile once more and embracing her sister in a tight hug, "Is it gross to say I've missed you?"

"Absolutely disgusting, never say it again."

»»-------------¤-------------««

The family spend the evening aquatinting themselves with one another. It turns out Catherine's parents had extremely little contact with muggles prior to this engagement. They reminded Freya of Mr. Weasley in that manner, which was a surprising comfort to the girl.

"You muggles are just delightful." Tatiana beamed as they shared stories throughout the night.

"You're not nearly as daft as many wizards make you out to be." Albena added bluntly, but Freya could see good intentions were present.

"Thank you?" Finn managed an awkward laugh, "I graduated top in my class."

Freya gave a sisterly roll of the eyes to his added statement. It felt odd to be around fellow wizards who weren't her peers at Hogwarts or members of the order. Dare she say, it felt nice.

"So Freya my dear," Boris turned his attention to the blonde, "I hear you're rather tight with a certain celebrity."

"A celebrity? I hardly-" Freya raised a brow, not quite catching on to what Boris meant. Not only that, he could be referring to anyone. After all she did know Albus Dumbledore in his lifetime, and spent the summer with notorious criminal Sirius Black.

"Harry Potter dear," Tatiana took a much more hushed tone, "The boy who lived."

Freya sharply inhaled hearing his name for the first time in over a month. It pained her to think about their lack of contact. This was nearly the longest stretch without them speaking since they because friends, let alone more. Hearing the name felt like little needles pricking across her skin.

"Freya?" Greyson nudged his daughter who was zoned-out entirely beside him, "Boris asked you a question."

"Oh!" She entered back into reality and out of her mind that was spinning, "I'm sorry. Yes, yes I know him well."

"Psh, know him well?" Finn let out a hearty laugh that meant nothing good was coming, "She's his girlfriend."

The blonde once again found each muscle in her body tensing, only this time Catherine recognized it. She pitied the blonde as she squirmed in her chair, clearly searching for the words to say. The woman wasn't entirely sure how to get the prying gaze of Freya, but rather than thinking logically she thought of the only thing more intriguing than a teenage relationship.

"I'm pregnant!"