THIRTY NINE

"KEEPER HUH?" Freya took a bite of jam and toast as she conversed with Ron over breakfast.

"Yep, my only competition is Cormac," Ron rolled his eyes, "So we'll see I guess."

"I hope he falls off his broom." She laughed as she chewed, making Ron laugh as well.

"I certainly hope you're not talking about me." Harry slid in next to Ron, stealing a piece of bacon from his plate, getting a classic Weasley glare from his best friend.

"Hey captain." Freya gave an over dramatic salute to the boy wonder.

"Hey jam face." Harry raised his eyebrows and grabbed a napkin. Surprising Freya, he reached across the table and swiped her mouth gently.

"Very funny Potter." Freya looked down at the strawberry jam that was on her face, slightly embarrassed as she brushed it off.

"I thought so." He mused, turning his attention to the red head beside him, "You ready for try outs?"

"Of course." Ron faked confidence, which was easily detected by Harry, "I'm sure you'll do great."

The three ate their breakfast and had small talk about Harry's plans for the team until Hermione came up and sat beside Freya.

"What did Dumbledore want last night?" She asked, looking at both boys who were stuffing their faces.

"He showed me a memory," Harry said with his mouth full, "It was Tom Riddle, in an orphanage."

"And you didn't think this was vital informative to share?" Hermione sighed, putting her palm against her forehead.

"Sorry?" Harry shrugged, toast crumbs falling from his lips and onto his lap.

Just as the group was finishing breakfast, the mail came. Freya wasn't expecting anything, but she saw Pigwidgeon as the daft bird flew down with a letter for Ron. His wings were not properly balanced as he stumbled with every flap in attempts to reach the youngest Weasley son. Ron quickly grabbed the letter from its foot and backed his hands up, Harry wasn't as quick and got a swift nip on the finger, "Bloody bird." He cursed.

Harry shook his finger in pain, while Freya felt a stinging of her own. Her finger twinged in pain just as Harry's had. The blonde looked down to see no mark on her hand as the pain subsided. Freya furrowed her brows as she looked at her finger.

"All right?" Ron asked, noticing her looking down.

"Yeah," She looked up, "Fine."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Go Ron!" The shrill voice and clapping of Lavender Brown filled the stands, much to Freya and Hermione's dismay. Her voice could be heard from what seemed like miles away. The two were seated as far away from her as possible in attempts to ignore her the best they could. The teenage girls sat a few feet apart in a somewhat awkward silence. The red head below insisted they both come to bloody support his endeavors, so they were stuck with each other for the time being. Hermione and Freya's relationship had gotten better as time had gone on, neither despised the others presence anymore and they could be around each other without a bicker or snide comment. It made it better for their shared friends that the two got along.

Freya's eyes narrowed as Cormac Mclaggen hopped onto his broom and up into the air with a smug grin plastered onto his face. It was obvious he believed he had it in the bag, which made Hermione scoff next to her and swiftly shake her head, sending a messy curl into her face.

"Can you believe him?" Hermione commented quietly, picking at her fingers and blowing the hair away from her line of view

"Total tosser." Freya agreed, getting a half smile out of the bushy haired girl who's eyes had yet to leave Ron's small figure on the grass.

They watched as Cormac defended the goals, he wasn't bad, but he certainly wasn't exceptional either. Both girls found themselves routing against him. Every time he managed to block a goal he would sent a wink to the crowd, making Freya gag slightly at the sight. Sure the boy was attractive, but his unconditional cockiness was enough to drive the blonde far in the opposite direction.

Seeing enough of the boys boastful moves, Hermione looked at the ground and whispered Confundus, causing Cormac and his broom to swerve violently left. Missing the quaffle made Harry take a note and then wave him down. Hermione acted as if nothing had happened and returned to rotating her eyes between the ground and the now flying Weasley.

Freya raised her eyebrows at the girl with an impressed smile, "Good one Granger."

"Ha, I don't know what you mean." She grinned, tucking a curl behind her ear. Not admitting what she had done only made Freya respect it more. She could tell Hermione cared about Ron a lot, which turned out to be some common ground for the teenagers. The love for their friends, new and old, was what lead to them standing each others company.

"Must have been the wind."

"Most definitely."

I'm honestly really happy to be developing Freya and Hermione's relationship, I know I had her written as a bit of bitch in earlier chapters but she's still the wonderful Hermione Granger we all know and love. I'm glad this side of her is finally being released! It's only gonna get better from here folks.

xoxo

ps. this book is about to hit 10k reads! WHAT... it's honestly crazy to me that this book has grown so fast and we are nowhere near finished. it's all because of you wonderful readers, so thank you all<3