SEVENTY-NINE

THE FIRST THING that came to Freya's mind was that she wished she had brought a coat.

The forest she and Ron had landed butt-first in was absolutely freezing, and she could see her breath in front of her. Everything was covered in white snow, so it all looked the same regardless of direction.

"Well great," She shivered, "Now where do we go?"

Ron was puzzled, he looked around him for any trace of the orb that brought them there, but found nothing.

"Once again we're lead to confusion by Albus Dumbledore," Freya complained while her teeth chattered , "Can nothing he does ever make sense-"

"Shush," All the sudden Ron cut her off, looking off in the distance, "I hear something."

Freya then heard it too. It was large thuds as if someone was breaking through ice, and it wasn't far away.

"This way," Ron grabbed her arm and they began to run towards the noise.

The cold air had already turned Freya's cheeks a bright red, and the cold wind began to burn her skin, but she kept moving.

Ron lead the way into a clearing, which revealed a large ice covered lake. In the middle was a pile of dark clothes next to a relatively large hole. Freya looked at it for a moment before seeing bubbles appear in the water.

She didn't understand at first until she noticed a familiar shirt laying on top of the pile.

"Oh merlin," She gasped, "Harry!"

The blonde took off running, stumbling in the snow. Ron was close behind, following her. She ran out onto the lake not giving the ice a second thought.

Freya could see Harry struggling beneath the ice, he was fighting with some force she couldn't see. She could feel her blood pumping, heating up her body in fear. Her blue eyes scanned all around looking for a way to help, but Ron had already jumped into the water.

"Ron!" She exclaimed, trying to stop him, but he was already submerged.

Her panic began to set in as she watched the redhead dive for Harry, who had gone nearly limp and began to sink. The cold water was spreading from the hole, soaking her feet. They were chilled to the bone, so she could only imagine what the boys were feeling,

Ron's head then popped up out of the water, Harry's body being held close.

"Help pull him out!" Ron shivered, trying with all his might to hoist the boy out and onto the ice.

Freya didn't have time to respond before rushing over and using all her strength to help. Her small hands wrapped around his arms, yanking him out and on to solid ground.

She turned to help Ron out just as he dove down into the dark water again.

Harry's body was pale and turning purple. He had stripped down to his underwear, so his whole figure laid there exposed.

"Harry," Freya tried to wake him up, tapping his face gently, "Harry wake up."

Ron then appeared again tossing a sword out of the water and gasping for air. Leaving Harry for a moment she offered a hand and helped pull him out. All of his clothes were soaked in cold water, and his red hair was dripping down his face.

"Is he alright?" Ron asked, attempting to shake off any excess water.

"I think so," Freya nodded, she was down on her knees looking over his body, which was cold to the touch. She was so focused on the boy in front of her that she didn't realize there was a searing pain around her neck.