FOURTY EIGHT

CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS only a day away, and Freya was incredibly excited to be reunited with her family. Finnick had written saying that Catherine would be spending the holidays with them, which only made the blonde happier. She enjoyed the young woman's company in the midst of all the men in her life.

"So what about you Freya? Any special traditions at your house?" Neville asked as they sat in the common room by the fire.

"Um," She thought for a moment, "We all get to open on present on Christmas Eve."

"Sounds fun," Neville nodded, "Gran doesn't let me even go near the tree until 9 am Christmas morning."

"Strict huh." Freya felt slightly bad for the boy, she couldn't even begin to know his struggles.

"She says shes teaching me patience."

The two friends continued their conversation in a rather empty common room. Most of their friends were off at quidditch practice, Harry included.

  It was getting late when all the sudden Freya's head began to pound, "Bloody hell." She muttered scrunching her face.

"Something wrong?" Neville had a look of concern on his face as the blondes pain was more and more noticeable, "Freya are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," She tried to shake it off, "My head is killing me."

"Let me take you to the hospital wing." The boy immediately stood up to help.

"No Neville, I'm fine really." Freya pushed away his hands as they tried to hoist her up.

"Freya?" Fred Weasley popped into the common room, "You in here?"

"Yeah Fred." The blonde stumbled up to her feet, leaning her should against a tall chair.

"Harry's in the hospital wing," The red head shuttered, "Took a nasty bludger to the head during practice and he's asking for you."

"Oh Merlin," Freya sighed, "I'm coming."

"Freya wait," Neville grabbed her arm and stopped her, "You're in pain."

"I'll be fine. Harry needs me."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Here I was thinking you were going to be with Harry."

"I was on my way," Freya nodded, "But I felt as if I needed to talk to you first."

"Well Miss Majors the floor is yours."

"You see professor, I didn't think much of all this at first," The blonde started babbling, "You know it was just odd coincidences here and there. Right?"

"Forgive me, but I still have no idea what you are referring to." Minerva McGonagall adjusted in her chair.

"Oh right, well um it's kind of hard to explain, but to make it straight to the point," Freya took a breath, "I think that when Harry gets hurt, I do too."

"Oh dear." The woman paused for a moment, then got out of her chair, dragging Freya with her.

"Professor?" Freya questioned as she was escorted down the hall in a rushed manner.

"You and Mr. Potter certainly have a knack for making me late for bed." McGonagall muttered under her breath, "I don't think I'll have a good nights sleep till you four graduate."