TWENTY TWO

THE BLONDE WALKED through the school with happy feeling inside. Her writing had finally done some good after all she had been through. Sirius Black was alive and well, that was enough to make Freya feel good.

"Freya?"

The girl turned to see Harry sitting on ground against the wall, just as she had earlier. His hair was a mess and his elbows were propped against his knees.

"Hey." The blonde sat down next to him, only hoping some of his anger had faded.

Harry sat quietly without a word, just looking at Freya, who was staring at the ground.

"Sirius is alive." He breathed.

"I know." Freya nodded, still looking at her feet, "Harry I think we need to talk."

"We do." The boy nodded, which surprised Freya.

"I'm sorry about Cho," Freya started, "I'm sorry that I told Ron-"

"Stop apologizing." Harry cut her off, "Ron told me."

"What?" Freya looked up at him.

"You lied protect him." Harry said softly, "To cover up that he needed help."

"Harry-" Freya attempted to talk.

"I'm a prat." Harry continued, "I was upset and moody. I'm so so sorry I took it out on you. You don't deserve that."

Freya relaxed as she watched Harry's guilty eyes look at her, "You were moody?" She stifled a laugh.

"I was." Harry laughed, "I was moody."

"Typical boy wonder." Freya gently hit his shoulder, "Moody and sulking in the hallways."

"Typical Majors, being a smartass." Harry shot back with a smile.

Freya also smiled as she leaned into his side, her head resting on his shoulder. Harry smiled too, feeling her warmth against him as he wrapped an arm around her. Both had enough stress that seemed to last a lifetime, but for moment it didn't matter.

"Thank you Freya Majors." Harry sighed as the two sat, "I don't know if I would have survived if Sirius died."

"Lucky we don't have to worry about that then." Freya looked up at him.

"Because of you." Harry nodded, making eye contact with her.

"And my stupid brain that's obsessed with writing about you."

"And that." Harry chuckled.

Both teenagers sat, comforted by each others presence and the relaxed silence. It turns out all the two needed was a moment of peace for everything to feel normal.

"Voldemort's back." Harry whispered.

"I know." Freya's head nuzzled deeper into his shoulder, her own fear getting to her slightly.

"I don't know if I can do this."

"You aren't alone Harry." Freya looked up into his eyes, "You have all of the Order, and your friends."

"Do I have you?" Harry asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes.

Freya was about to let out a sarcastic remark, but instead she found herself saying, "Yes."

"Good."

"We should probably head back." Freya said after a moment, standing up.

"Wouldn't want them to be worried." Harry agreed as they started walking,

The two walked through the corridors with a different feeling than they had entered with. Harry had hope, hope that he would survive this war that was coming. Freya, Freya had friendship.

Both walked back to the hospital wing where they figured everyone would be waiting for them. It was a long night and everyone was probably ready to sleep.

"Ha." Harry sniffled under his breath.

"What?" Freya raised an eyebrow.

"I just like being right." Harry shrugged nonchalantly.

"About?"

"I told you we would be friends by the end of the year."

Freya paused for moment, "Would have been a lot sooner if you weren't being such an arse."

"Damn." Harry laughed with a sigh.

Freya then went to grab the door handle, but was stopped by Harry grabbed her arm.

"What are you doing-" Freya turned around to face him, and was met with Harry warm lips against hers.

Stunned at first Freya didn't know how to react, but she slowly found herself drawing herself closer to Harry as she kissed him back.

Coming up for a breath of air the two separated, looking at each other with wide eyes and swollen lips.

"Oh there you two are! Looks like you found each other after all." Tonks stuck her head out of the door, snapping both teenagers back into reality, the pink haired woman having no idea what happened moments prior.