NINETEEN

FREYA DIDN'T SEE Ron, Harry, or Hermione that night. It was just Neville and Freya that evening sitting by the fire. The awkward boy had quickly become one of Freya's close friends, the blonde never thought in a million years she would have good friends during her times at Hogwarts. It was typically for her to push people away, but Neville didn't seem to have an ultimatum of her presence.

"Are you excited for summer?" Neville asked, trying to stir up something out of Freya.

"I guess, I'm excited to go home." Freya responded, shrugging her shoulders, "How about you?"

"Eh." Neville sighed, "Gran is a little overbearing. I'll miss you guys."

Freya smiled, "I'll be sure to write you."

"Really?" Neville raised his eyebrows in surprise, making eye contact with the blonde.

"Of course." Freya nodded, "Why wouldn't I?"

"People usually don't write to me." Neville admitted, "Hermione wrote to me once."

"I don't get written to either." Freya comfortingly admitted, "Only my dad and brother."

Neville cheered up slightly at her response, picking his eyes up from the floor.

"You know, I'm not really good at the whole friends thing." The blonde paused, "I come off pretty cold."

"I don't think you're cold Freya." Neville gave her genuine smile, "You wouldn't have saved Mr. Weasley if you were."

Freya nodded slightly and smiled back, "See you in the morning."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya spent the next day pulling through her classes with a drag, her mind was constantly elsewhere. It wasn't till she reached her Occlumency lesson that she finally snapped out of her daze.

Snape has become even more adamant on Harry and Freya's skills. Freya had managed to block him out almost entirely, Harry on the other hand struggled continuously.

"Control your mind Potter, Control it!" Snape yelled, pointing his wand as Harry had beads of sweat dripping down his face.

Freya cringed as she watched Harry attempt to fight back. The blonde bit her tongue to avoided yelling out for him to stop. Instead she gripped her chair and clenched her feet.

Once Snape released him, Harry jumped up and stumbled towards the back of the room.

"You aren't finished Potter." The man grimaced as Harry fixed his footing, still unstable from before.

Snape raised his wand but instead of a withering Harry, he was met with a "Protego!"

Freya watched as both men seemed deep in thought, the roles had reversed and Harry had gained some control. After a moment both released, Harry left breathing deeply.

Quickly Snape grabbed Harry's collar, which made Freya stand up, still restraining herself as she watched the conversation unfold between the two.

"Get out." Snape breathed.

Harry attempted to stand defiantly, but Freya hastily grabbed his arm and forcefully pulled him out.

Once the two were out of the room Harry's body relaxed, his breathing quickened. Freya didn't realize how tense she had actually been herself, slowly her own breathing normalized.

"What did you see Harry?" Freya asked after a moment a silence.

Harry looked up at her, meeting her blue eyes with his green, then turned and walked off down the corridor without a word.