FORTY TWO

FREYA HAD NEVER felt as utterly confused as she had in that very moment. There she was about to confess her underlying feelings for the boy, when he spit out that they shouldn't be friends anymore. The blonde didn't know how to feel, the situation truly hadn't sunk in yet and Freya was left in a state of somewhat shock. Her body was frozen as her heart sank.

"What?" Was all she could muster up in response to the devastating blow. Harry's eyes looked down at her but she couldn't understand what was behind them. She had no idea what had brought the boy to say such a thing to her. Instead of waiting for a response, she turned and began to walk away with speed in her step.

"Freya wait," He called and followed after her, stumbling as he tried to stop her.

"No Harry," She continued to walk away with her arms crossed and ridged.

"You didn't let me finish." Harry gently grabbed her arm and turned her body to face him, his serious expression gazing into hers.

"What do you want?" Freya had tears welling up in her eyes as she looked at him, "What else could you possibly say?"

Harry immediately felt guilty at the way he had worded things, and took a deep breath before he began saying the words he had been preparing since summer, "I can't be friends with you because I really like you. Hell, I'm not really sure what love is but I might even love you Freya Majors. All I really know is that when I'm around you nothing else in the world matters, I'm not the boy who lived or the savior of the wizarding world, I'm just a boy who has a massive crush on you."

Harry's whole body relaxed as he finally let out what he had been wanting to tell her for months. He wasn't sure what made him do it in that very moment, but after a harsh lesson with Dumbledore all he really wanted was to be around the blonde. Harry didn't know if Freya felt the same way, but he just hoped with all his might that she did.

"Are you kidding me?" Freya raised her eyebrows at the boy, his face fell as he assumed she didn't feel the same way based on her response, "You had to word it that way!" She hit his shoulder.

"Wait what?" Harry scrunched his face as the blonde gave a large sigh of relief.

"You couldn't have just told me your feelings, you just had to be dramatic and say we couldn't be friends anymore?" She almost laughed at the situation she was placed in, it seemed as if her heart had started beating again after several minutes of dead silence. Freya forgot for a moment that he had just confessed that he liked her, maybe even loved, and just snorted.

"Yeah it wasn't the best word selection." Harry scratched his head nervously, still waiting for Freya to respond to his vulnerability and emotional output.

"You're damn right it wasn't."

Harry then found himself laughing too, the total messed up communication was so them. Freya and Harry were messy and complicated in the best way and that's just how he liked it, "So?"

Freya realized it was now her turn to confess, "Well I came down here with a mission," She explained while Harry watched her, "I was coming to ask you out, but it seems you beat me to the punch per usual boy wonder."

"Actually," Harry got a smug look on his face, "I didn't ask you out, I told you I liked you. So the ball's in your court Majors."

"Oh really?" Freya moved closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Harry Potter would you like to go on a date with me?"

"I'll do you one better," Harry's face grew closer to her, so their hot breaths reached each others skin while their hearts fluttered in their chests, "I'll be your boyfriend if that's alright with you."

"I think I can be okay with that arrangement." Freya placed a gentle kiss on his lips. The girl couldn't help but smile as she did so, she was just so happy in that moment. It didn't feel awkward or out of place, it felt just right. It was Harry and Freya.

Harry was also incredibly content as he looked down at the blonde and kissed her forehead once she had pulled back. His lanky arms wrapped around her in a tight hug, Freya's head of blonde hair leaning against his chest. They were just two messed up kids with classic school yard crushes on one another that had finally been fulfilled. Their moment felt so right, like the stars aligned and were shining right down on them.

"Would you like to walk back?" Harry held out his hand for her to take once they released from their hug.

"Yes I would." She gladly took it as a familiar blush crept its way onto her face.