SIXTY-THREE

IT WAS THE time Harry Potter had been dreading since his return from Christmas break. Summer had arrived and it was time for him to return to his personal hell that was Privet Drive.

Following everything that had happened that year the very last thing he wanted to do was return to a world without magic, or one with the Dursleys for that matter.

Most of all he didn't want to leave Freya.

Harry knew he couldn't bring Freya with him, she had a family of her own, however he desperately wanted to ask her to. He also had asked Sirius numerous times to return home with him and Amity, they had become like parents to him, but for some undisclosed reason they insisted on his return to residence of Vernon and Petunia.

Harry noticed how much it pained Sirius to stick to that statement, so for his godfathers benefit he dropped the subject rather early on.

"Are you sure you have everything packed?" Harry asked Ron as the two shoved their mess of belongings into trunks for the trip home. Neither had ever been very good at folding.

"Ok Mum," Ron snorted and shook his head, "Why does it matter?"

"Ron you know we may not be coming back here right?" Harry spoke quietly, not entirely wanting to believe the statement himself.

"Oh," Ron thought and looked down at his things, "I'll make sure I've got it all."

A sad silence fell across the room, both boys taking in the environment around them, secretly praying this wouldn't be the last time they saw it.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya and Harry had arranged for some final moments alone before they returned home for the summer. Neither truly wanted to say goodbye, but both knew the coming months were unavoidable. Freya never thought she would live to see a day were she resented summer vacation.

Freya carried a weight on her shoulders as she went to meet him that morning, her mind had yet to leave the Headmasters final words to her. The blonde knew she couldn't lose Harry, not to death. It pained her to think about being separated from him, but what pained her even more was picturing him just as cold as Albus Dumbledore.

However, she wouldn't be able to see that. She would be cold too.

"Hey." Harry approached Freya from behind, wrapping his arms around her in a surprise hug, however his tone was somber.

"Hi," Freya smiled, turning around to face him, her blonde hair whipping him gently in the face making them both crack a small smile.

"You don't look very excited for summer," Harry commented, looking at her pretty face, memorizing her features for when she was no longer in front of him.

"I'm plenty excited," She answered looking back up at him, "You?"

"You know I'm not." Harry sighed, a frown crossing his face.

"Hey hey," Freya attempted to cheer him up, "It's not going to be so bad."

"We both know it is ." Harry persisted, his own pity getting the best of him.

Freya didn't fight back that time, she knew he was right. For more reasons than one.

"Harry,"

"Freya,"

Both said each others name at the same time, surprising them both as sad confusing looks became both of their faces.

"Go ahead," Freya spoke up after a moment of the two looking at each other, neither wanting to be the first to break the silence.

Harry took a breath, his demeanor suddenly changing, making Freya uneasy. She had never seen him so uncomfortable in his own skin.

"First," He looked down at her, his green eyes looking so intently at her, it almost seemed as if tears were welling in them, "I'm going to kiss you."

Before Freya could even say okay, Harry pressed his lips gently to hers. It was a different sort of kiss, not one filled with passion or lust, but one filled with love and longing. Both their bodies relaxed in the presence of the other.

It took Freya's breath away as she kissed him back, it made everything going on a million times harder. Her heart rose and sank in equal amounts, it felt as if the organ was tearing in two different places.

Harry finally pulled away after a few moments, but this time Freya knew that there were indeed tears forming in his eyes.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Freya asked gently, only she knew. She knew what was wrong.

"Freya," Harry spoke, his voice faltering, "You know I love you more than anything in this world right?"

Freya felt her own tears coming, and gave a simple nod to him as he continued on, "I know."

"So then you know I have to do this." Harry's tears were now flowing down his face, he couldn't hide the raw emotion. His pale cheeks were reddening, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

"I do." Freya answered, gently wiping a tear from her cheek before it could drop to the floor.

Harry went to say something but his words just simply wouldn't come out. His heart was breaking and it was by his own hand, he wanted to fight it so desperately. He knew he would protect Freya with his life, and this was the only way he knew how.

"I can't." Harry's voice faulted as he shook his head, his composure slowly fading away, "I can't do it."

Freya took a moment to collect herself, her immense sadness taking over every cell in her body as she fought it. Neither one truly knew what this goodbye meant, would it be forever? Or was it merely a see you later?

"Okay," Freya shut her eyes but quickly opened them again, her heart was beating out of her chest, and it felt as if her body would give in on itself, "Then I will."

"Freya-"

"Harry I'm breaking up with you."