TWENTY THREE

THE SCHOOL YEAR that felt unending to Freya finally came to a close. All her things were packed and she was ready to catch the train home. The blonde was excited to see her brother and father, seeing as she hadn't seen them in months. Her brothers smug face was practically the only thing she wasn't looking forward to.

Freya met up with the rest of her friends to board the train in the late morning. It was the first time she would actually be sitting with anyone in a compartment. She wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to, but Ron, Neville and Harry insisted. Freya figured Hermione wouldn't be ecstatic, but she decided to anyway.

"Ready?" Neville asked as he handed off his bags.

"I guess so." Freya shrugged, also giving up her trunk.

"It'll be fun sitting with us, I promise." Ron joined them from behind wrapping his arms around both teenagers, "One big happy family."

"Tell that to her." Freya nodded her head toward a slightly pouty Hermione who was avoiding looking at her.

"She'll get over it." Ron snickered quietly, "Besides maybe you'll become friends."

"Ha, nice one." Freya hopped up into the train with a sarcastic laugh.

"You hated Harry in the beginning, now you two are friends." Neville pointed out as they walked down the aisles.

"I didn't hate Harry persay, I hated that I wrote about him." Freya shot back turning around and waking backwards.

"I heard my name." Harry stuck his head out of compartment waving them in, his hair covering his face as he ducked back into the seats.

Freya walked in last, the only seat left was next to Harry. The blonde took it somewhat reluctantly, neither had talked about what happened outside the hospital wing two days ago. Freya decided to put it aside and attempt to ignore it entirely.

"Freya." Neville bumped her arm, regaining her focus.

"What?" Freya tuned back into the conversation that she had zoned out from.

"How loony do you think the next DADA teacher is going to be?" Ron made a face.

"Oh completely bonkers if the streak keeps up." Freya laughed.

"Never a normal year at Hogwarts." Harry chimed in.

"We go to magic school, did you really expect it to be normal?" Freya teased, making Harry's hands fidget.

"You make a solid point Majors." The raven haired boy agreed.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The train came to halt as it arrived at the ever busy Kings Cross station. Everyone in the compartment grabbed their things and began to head out, but Harry took his time. He certainly didn't want go home any faster than he needed to.

Freya was excited to see her family, it had been almost a year since she had seen them in person.
Harry and Freya walked out side by side, only a few feet behind the rest of the group.

Once they had all hopped off they went for their goodbyes. Hermione was off after a moment, walking over to her parents who happily took her home. Neville hugged Freya before heading to his Gran. It was just Freya, Harry and Ron after a quick moment.

The redhead looked at Harry, then to Freya, seeing who would say goodbye first. Ron was interested either way, the relationship between the two had quickly become his favorite pastime.

"Alright, I've got a hex waiting for me if I don't hurry my arse up." Ron joked, cutting the tension, "See you guys around."

"See ya." Freya waved with smile as she watched the Weasley family wait for him.

"Bye Ron." Harry looked sad as he walked away, "And then there were two."

"Have a good summer Harry." Freya smiled.

"You too." Harry nodded, "Write to me, I might die of boredom if you don't."

"I'll write." Freya agreed, happy inside that he asked.

Spotting Finnick and her dad from afar Freya figeted, "My family's here."

"Bye." Harry had sad eyes.

"Bye." Freya went to walk away, but she paused and gave Harry a short, awkward hug before running off to her family.

Harry watched her walk away, then slowly made his way over to an impatient Dursley family who had scowls as they waited.

"Hey stranger!" Greyson smiled as his daughter approached, wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Hi Dad." Freya smiled while being squeezed half to death.

"Hey dork." Finnick rubbed her head, fluffing up her blonde hair.

"You're an arse, I haven't seen you in forever!" Freya punched his should before he pulled her into a side hug.

"Ready to go?" Their father picked up her trunk with a groan.

"So ready." Freya nodded, looking at her family.

As the Majors family walked by, Freya's eyes lingered to Harry who was seemingly getting a lecture. His green eyes glanced up at her and she gave a small wave before she was out of view.

"Who was that?" Finnick immediately called her out, seeing her encounter with the raven haired boy.

"A friend." Freya stammered, looking at Finnick.

"You don't have friends." Finnick's eyes narrowed as he looked at her.

"A lot can change in a year big brother."