FIFTY-EIGHT

FREYA DIDN'T BELIEVE Harry one bit. This one was one of the first times in her life she wished she had written something.

The blonde decided to skip her late morning Astronomy class, and search for her boy wonder who was most definitely up to something.

She knew Harry was under a lot of stress with everything going on, he was only one bad move from snapping. The poor kid was on edge constantly, and every time a good thing was handed to him, something bad came along. It was almost like a puppy being smacked on the head with a newspaper, only the puppy did nothing wrong.

Freya wandered through the corridors, peaking around corners and looking to nooks and crannies hoping to find the boy sitting there. She had no luck.

Then, almost like clockwork, she heard some muffled sobs from far down the hall. She wasn't entirely sure who they belonged to but she decided to pursue it anyway.

As she got closer she heard another voice, "I know what you did Malfoy," she recognized the voice as Harry's and feet found themselves cemented to the ground. She wanted to keep going, she wanted to run, but for some reason her body just could bring itself to move, "You hexed her didn't you!"

Her ears waited not so patiently for an answer, but instead were met with the sound of a spell ricocheting off of the wall in the boys bathroom. The panic in heart rate rose, and her feet once again started to move.

The sounds of spells and crashing concrete filled her ears as she ran down the hallway, her blonde hair whipping behind her as her speed grew. The blonde forced open the door to the bathroom and was alarmed not to see the two boys standing there.

Just as she looked around a hex flew by her head from further into the room. It was close enough to leave a small singe mark on the shoulder of her sweater.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry shouted, the unfamiliar spell made Freya paused for a moment before making her way closer to the duel.

"Harry?" Freya did her best to hid the fear in her voice.

"Freya." Harry looked at her, his fear very apparent. His eyes looked guilty, like a wizard who just found out how much power he truly had.

Freya's eyes then fell to the puddling water that was growing around them, and then on Draco Malfoy. The icy blonde was sprawled on the ground, his face contorting with pain as open wounds began to appear across his body, the lacerations were enough to make Freya's stomach twist.

"Harry what've you done?" Freya asked breathlessly, her normal confident voice coming out as only a whisper.

"I-" Harry stammered, his panic over taking him., "I don't know."

Freya now was on her knees, the bloodied water soaking up into the bottom of her robes. She gently tried to address the wounds but her delicate fingers, but the boy still writhed in pain, "Harry I don't know the counter spell," Her voice faltered, "I don't know how to help him."

Harry opened his mouth but no words could come out. His guilt was overwhelming, and he couldn't bring himself to even look at what he'd done.

At that point Freya had laid Draco's head in her lap in attempts to keep him awake, "Don't close your eyes Draco, don't you close them." She pleaded with the boy who tinkered on the brink of consciousness.

The truth of the matter was Freya didn't know what to do. Wether the two wanted to admit it or not, the boy that laid in her arms was dying. Water was surrounding them, and continued to fall.

"Where is all this water coming from?" Harry asked in a panicked whisper.

Freya looked up at him, "Harry" she breathed shallowly, "You're crying."

The green eyed boy put a hand to his face, his fingertips felt the salty tears that flowed down his face, "Oh." Was what he meant to say, but his mouth had grown so dry nothing came out.

Freya held Draco softly, she began to rock back and forth, partly for comfort and partly because her nerve endings were frying inside her and she had to keep moving.

Her heart began to sink deeper into her chest, but her eyes were caught by a dark figure rushing into the room. The blondes eyes hardly had a moment to adjust before seeing Severus Snape tending to Draco, making only a moments eye contact with her.

He muttered a sort of incantation Freya once again didn't recognize. She racked her brain for any sort of familiarity, but nothing. She looked down and watched as the scalable wounds healed themselves, and the body in her arms relaxed. Her own heart rate slowed, it was like her blood finally slowed within her veins. The blonde took a breath, and gasped for air, realizing she had been doing so before. Shock melted away, but every muscle in her body still was tense. Her eyes fell on Draco, knocked unconscious, but it was the first time she had seen him have any look of peace.

Freya looked up then, hoping to meet the green eyes that always brought her comfort, only this time Harry wasn't standing there, the boy was gone.