FIFTY

"YOU THINK AFTER missing the train and getting nearly crushed by the Whomping Willow, Ron and Harry would make more of an effort not to miss the train." Hermione sighed, impatiently tapping her foot while she stroked Crookshanks who purred quietly in her cage.

"Do you honestly expect anything less?" Freya laughed soundlessly, "Here they come now."

Both girls turned their sights to two teenage boys practically tripping over themselves as they pulled their trunks and respective owls along.

"Here-" Ron breathed heavily.

"With two minutes to spare!" Harry finished with a goofy smile.

"You're lucky Hermione didn't-" Freya stopped herself before realizing this was actually the first time Hermione and Ron had been within five feet of each other since the last quidditch match. It was evident that they were both avoiding each other's gaze, "Um."

The group of teenagers were interrupted as the train whistle echoed through the station. Taking that as her cue to escape, Hermione ran off to Ginny Weasley who had just stepped foot onto the train hand in hand with Dean Thomas.

"Welp, I guess it's down to three." Harry shrugged slightly, looking back to the remaining group.

"Won-Won!" Screeching could be heard coming from the windows of the train. The youngest Weasley boy turned his head to see his girlfriend in hysterics waving him over and scolding for him to hurry up. Without a second thought he grudgingly picked up his things and left the young couple alone.

"And then there was two." Freya turned to face Harry who had a mused expression, "But I'll let you in on a little secret," The boy then held his hand out for her to take, "You might just be my favorite."

"Is that so?" Harry cracked a smile.

"Indeed it is." She nodded.

"Shall we?" He motioned to the train, which was seconds away from leaving the station.

"Let's," Freya released his hand to grab her things before a sly look crossed her boyfriends face, "Last one there is a rotten egg!" The raven haired boy took off across the platform.

"Oh you are so dead boy wonder!"

»»-------------¤-------------««

The train ride felt longer than it ever had before. Freya's mind was spinning in circles as her and Harry sat in their compartment alone. Her fingers found themselves tightly intertwined, she wasn't exactly sure how they got there. Harry himself had quickly fallen asleep, leaving Freya completely alone in her thoughts as they circulated through her mind.

She was anxious that much she was positive of, it was only last night that she found out that her death had been decided for her. The news wasn't exactly pleasant, the blonde had learned she had preferred no news all, to the bad news she was graced with.

All she wanted was to see her family. Her father and Finnick were the one string that pulled tightly on her mind.

How could she leave them?

The idea of saying goodbye to the people she loved most worried her deeply. Freya had completely invested herself in making do with the time she had left. The time she had left. The words felt foreign to her, but somehow familiar just the same.

"Bullocks, how long was I out for?" A blob of messy black hair drew Freya out her trance, "I thought you promised not to let me nap."