THIRTY FOUR

"SO HOWS YOUR summer been?" Harry asked, putting down his trunk and turning to face her.

"Good, good." Freya nodded, petting Hedwig gently through her cage, "You?"

"As good as it could be all things considered." He shrugged his shoulders and sat down on his bed.

Freya nodded, shifting her stance slightly. It had been a while since the two had been alone together, with the exception of outside the hospital wing. Both seemed to be grasping for a conversation point, but coming up dry. It was the epitome of teenage awkwardness, waiting for each other to make the first move. The blonde decided to be bold and share, which left her feeling incredibly vulnerable, "I- uhh met my brothers girlfriend."

"Really?" Harry smiled as she reached out, "I didn't know you had a brother."

"Yep, his name is Finnick." Freya sat down on Ron's bed opposite Harry, "He's 22."

"Do you have any other siblings?" The boy pushed up his glasses hoping for more information, "If you don't mind me asking."

"I don't mind," She smiled hesitantly, it was the first time she had opened up to someone, "I don't though, it's just me and Finnick."

"And his girlfriend..."

"Catherine." Freya answered, "I don't know a whole lot about her, but she's really great. and I'm happy he's found someone"

Harry watched her with a happy glint in his striking green eyes as she explained how well fed she had been in the past few weeks and how Harry just absolutely needed to have Catherine's chocolate chip pancakes when he came to visit. In truth, Freya hadn't even realized she brought the matter of him going to her home up. It felt natural to her as it slipped out, but it made Harry's heart swell as she said it.

"Oh, and get this." Freya laughed, "She's a witch!"

"No way." Harry laughed along, eventually somehow transitioning into a totally separate conversation about a muggle band they both listened to.

In that very moment they were two normal teenagers. They didn't need to be the boy who lived, or the girl who wrote his future. All they needed be was Freya Majors and Harry Potter, and it was enough. The awkwardness from earlier seemed to fade away as the two continued on like old friends, in fact it felt like two had known eachother their entire lives. Neither had ever felt a connection as strong as theirs before, romantic feelings aside the two just clicked.

"Holy shit." Harry realized, "It's been two hours." He said glancing at the clock on his nightstand.

"Oh." Freya raised her eyebrows and sniffed, "Should we go back down?"

"I guess so." He stood up, "I wouldn't want them getting-" He lowered his volume with a slightly embarrassed tone, "Ya know, the wrong idea."

"Wrong idea?" Freya teased shamelessly, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know." Harry face got redder by the second, sticking out against the color of his eyes.

"Relax Potter." She walked towards the door, "I have more decency than to do anything without the door being locked first." Freya then turned and walked out the door, her own face red as she headed back down the stairs. Leaving Harry in somewhat shocked state, he shuffled after her.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Sitting at the table Freya felt more at ease than her first dinner with the Order. Remus and Tonks showed up just before, a happy reunion for Freya and Amity who missed their pink haired friend dearly. Hermione had also come, her arrival making for a happy Ginny Weasley. The youngest Weasley sibling had been feeling some guilt festering the more Freya put herself out in the open. She no longer felt as though she could dislike the blonde, after all she had saved her father only months prior from almost certain death. Her guilt originated however, from the bushy haired girl sitting next to her. As silly as it sounded, liking Freya Majors felt like she was betraying one of her closest friends.

Hermione and Freya weren't enemies in the slightest, but it still made Ginny think twice about befriending her.

"You're coming to the joke shop tomorrow right Freya?" Fred Weasley asked eagerly. The outreach surprised Freya as she wasn't expecting anyone to relish in her presence, let alone act excited about her attendance somewhere, with the exception of Harry and Ron that is.

"Sure." Freya nodded with a friendly and surprised smile, "Sounds awesome."

"Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it." George grinned, exchanging a look with his twin, "You're gonna love it."

The blonde felt at ease as the more and more comfortable she got around everyone. She left dinner with a feeling completely the opposite of what she had left her very first dinner with the group. The Weasley family had accepted her and that was plenty reason for Freya to smile.

Returning to her room she was followed by two women who had their own batch of questions ready to release on their youngest trio member.

"Who are you and what have you done with Freya Majors?" Tonks flung herself onto Freya's bed, followed by Amity sitting at the foot, leaving Freya a small space near the top.

"What's the supposed to mean?" Freya sighed, leaning up against her headboard.

"You have friends." Amity clapped her hands together, "Your own age!"

"Big deal" She groaned, "Did you guys really think I wasnt capable of human teenage interaction?"

Both woman looked at each other then back to Freya, "Yeah kinda." They admitted honestly.

Picking up a pillow, Freya smacked them both, "Turns out I am."

"We can see that much." Tonks agreed.

"So..."

"Yes?" Freya raised her eyebrows.

"What happened up in Harry's room today?"

"Nothing." Freya stated calmly, "Just caught up with each other."

"Each others tongues?"

"What?!" Freya immediately tensed up, "No!"