FOURTEEN

SINCE HEARING OF Harry and Cho's kiss, Freya had avoided the subject. On the brighter side of things Freya and Ron Weasley had a new bond of the awkwardness of that situation. The red haired boy would actually converse with Freya now, although he still seemed slightly afraid of her.

Freya couldn't tell if it was a fear or Freya or the fear of Hermione if she found out. In all honesty it was a mix of both.

Harry however, even though he had kissed Cho Chang felt a bit of jealousy brewing as Freya began to talk to Ron and Neville. It wasn't romantic jealousy of course, he envied their friendship with girl he had been trying to win over for months. 

Freya was oblivious to this jealousy of course, as all teenagers are. But for once in Freya's life she actually felt like she had friends.

Finnick had heard about her new friends all the way back home. Her father Grayson had never been good at keeping things from the kids, so he easily let it slip that Freya had new friends that just happened to be boys. Somehow, Freya certainly couldn't figure out how, Finnick managed to get a letter delivered by owl to his little sister.

Dear Freya,

I hear you have made friends with boys. NOT OKAY. Boys are dumb and smelly, so stay away. I mean it.

I guess I miss you dork

Finn

Freya couldn't help but laugh as she read the letter, she figured nothing less from her brother.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The common room had slowly become one of Freya's favorite places with the new school rules. She spent most nights by the fire alone, but tonight Hermione was in the library so Ron decided to join Freya, which of course brought a slightly jealous Harry along.

"I hate herbology." Ron groaned, working on a piece of parchment.

"Me too." Harry and Freya agreed.

"Did you hear about the new rule that was posted today, all students of the opposite sex should be at least five feet apart at all times." Freya laughed, leaning back on her chair.

"Does that mean I can't do this?" Ron jumped up and plopped himself on Freya lap, earning a grunt from the girl as he put his weight down.

"Good merlin you are heavy." Freya winced.

Ron adjusted himself comfortably as Harry watched with fixated expression.

"I just can't wait for the next D.A. meeting." Harry decided to strike up a conversation.

"Oh why so you snog Cho's face off again?" The words slipped right out of Ron's mouth as he realized that he nor Freya were supposed to know about that.

"What?" Harry's face turned red as he furrowed his brows, "How do you know about that?" He demanded.

"Um-" Ron stammered, climbing off of Freya's lap.

"I wrote about it." Freya lied before Ron could muster up an excuse.

"Are you serious?" Harry had an angry expression, "You wrote about my personal life, an already huge envision of privacy, but then told Ron?!"

"He's your best friend I didn't think about it." Freya admitted, continuing to cover up Rons tutoring the best she could.

"Ever consider I didn't want people to know? That I didn't want you to know?" Harry raised his voice and stood up, "You know what, whatever, I should have expected this anyway."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Freya felt herself getting heated and her face getting flushed.

"Well we aren't friends so what does it matter anyway!" Harry stomped off up into the boys dorm without another word.

"Why did you do that?" Ron asked under his breath, feeling guilty.

"I-I guess I figured you wouldn't want him to know about me helping you." The girl answered simply.

"Thanks, I'm sorry this happened." Ron had a sad look while he looked down at the floor.

"It's okay, he'll get over it." Freya shrugged slightly, "Puberty is a tough time." She attempted to lighten the mood the best she could.

"Ha Yeah." Ron laughed, "Ill try to talk to him."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Ron walked up the stairs but paused halfway.

"You really aren't that bad Freya, if I didn't know any better I'd say you are beginning to like us."

"You prats? Never." Freya scoffed with a smile.