FOURTY-FOUR

HARRY LISTENED ABSENTMINDEDLY as his girlfriend and Ron heatedly discusses their dislike of Slughorn. The conversation had started since they exited the room, and had yet to stop. Both students were rather upset about not being invited into the Slugclub, even though Freya subconsciously knew she would be tagging along with Harry.

"Majorie! Majorie." Freya huffed with frustration, "It's Majors old man."

"At least he didn't call you Wollenbee." Ron crossed his arms as he pointed out his own misfortune with the teacher in the same instance.

Ron didn't exactly consider himself good at potions, but the prick of jealous couldn't help but leave its mark on the boy. Being friends with the smartest witch of their age and the boy who lived didn't exactly leave much room for success. The blondes reasoning of anger however, came from a place of perfection. Freya has always been naturally bright. She didn't study much, but always managed to get by. The girl wasn't even bad at potions. The professor himself had even said that he saw potential in her, but there she was being overlooked completely. She never really cared much about grades or people liking her, but there was a certain raven haired boy who she wanted to do well for.

"Well if it's any consolation," Harry, being tired of the complaining, wrapped his arms around both teenagers, "I like you both just fine."

"Shove off Potter!" Freya and Ron said in immediate exhausted unison.

"Oi," Harry went to groan as they pushed him away, but was cut off by some rustling behind a nearby wall, "What was that?"

Freya shrugged, but Ron noisily turned the corner to see what was going on, "Bloody hell!" He let out a disgusted groan and quickly covered his eyes with his large hands.

Freya and Harry weren't far behind when their eyes fell on Ginny Weasley and Dean Thomas with bright blushes across their cheeks, and an angry expression on both Weasley children's faces.

"Get out of here Ronald!" Ginny stomped, in no mood to put up with her brother at that moment.

"You think I want to see this?" Ron retorted quickly, "I don't want to see my sister snogging in public!"

"Oh please Ron," Ginny fought back, "My love life is none of your business."

In the midst of the siblings arguing, Freya and Harry awkwardly shifted, both unsure of what to do. Freya knew how annoying brothers could be, and she knew even better that this fight would not end well.

However, no one was as confused and embarrassed as Dean. The poor boy sat stood back and watched the youngest Weasley's fight back and forth, while he quickly wiped a bit of lipstick from his cheek that had been left by his girlfriend.

"You're just upset because you've never kissed anyone!" Ginny swiftly delivered the cruel final blow that would end the argument, "Face it Ron, Harry has, Freya has, even Hermione kissed Viktor!"

Ron's face didn't truly show the hurt until Hermione's name slipped off his sisters lips. In the moment his face turned red with anger as there was nothing he could do to fight back. Instead of exploding like he wanted to, he simply walked off leaving an echo with each step.

Once her brother was out of sight, Ginny's face returned to its normal color, and she calmed down, "Sorry about that." She apologized to the three who had slightly expressionless looks on their faces.

"It's-" Harry started but didn't know how to finish it, instead he just shrugged and went off after Ron who was long gone. It was a silent killer to Freya, who was now left behind.

Ginny brushed her hair out of her face, still cooling off from their argument. Freya was left awkwardly standing there, she wasn't exactly friends with Ginny but she couldn't just walk off.

"Brothers, am I right?" Freya found the words tumbling out before she could control herself or think of something better to say.

"Yeah." The red haired girl sighed.

"Well," Freya started to walk slowly, "See you around."

Once the blonde had turned the corner she darted out of sight, deciding that was plenty social interaction for the day and that she needed a nap.