SIXTY-EIGHT

"WAKE UP FREYA," Remus nudged the girl as she slept on couch, who had huddled herself into a ball.

"Remus bloody hell I've only been asleep for an hour," She stammered, wiping her eyes that hadn't been closed for nearly long enough.

"It's time to go," He nudged her again, signally for her to pick up the pace a bit.

"Go? Go where?" Freya asked, sitting up straight this time. She noticed a bit of drool falling from her bottom lip and quickly wiped it on her sleeve.

"The burrow," He looked at the blonde, "They've arrived."

By the lack of harm on Freya's person, she at least knew Harry would be in one piece when they arrived. It calmed her fears to know that this mission went well.

"Alright," Remus stood outside the fireplace, soot falling slightly from his fist, "I trust you know what to do."

Freya nodded and promptly grabbed the floo powder in the man's extended hand.

"The Burrow."

»»-------------¤-------------««

The home was quieter than usual as the blonde felt her feet ground themselves in the fireplace. Freya was used to the boisterous sound of the Weasley house and all the people inside. There was a warmth that felt withdrawn that evening.

The silence frightened her as she stepped out into the living room. The red haired family was surrounding the couch, she couldn't exactly make out why.

She didn't see Harry or Hermione in the room.

"Mrs.Weasley?" Freya whispered gently, not sure of the situation she was the entering.

The woman turned around slowly and in doing so it opening up a space for Freya to see through the crowd. It was George Weasley with a bloodied head who laid on the couch.

"Oh merlin," Freya let out a soft gasp and ran over to the family, "George, Is he okay?"

The red haired boy laid silently in his position, the loss of blood clearly affecting him more than he let on.

Freya noticed Ginny gently wiping a tear from her freckled cheek.

"Well, I don't know about you lot, but I'm feeling quite saint-like," Suddenly a voice peeped up from the couch, surprising both the blonde and the Weasley family alike.

"What?" Fred knelt down towards his twin with more concern than Freya had ever seen in his demeanor before.

"Get it?" The injured boy chuckled, "holey."

"Oh bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed as George continued his laughing from the couch, "He's fine everyone."

"Pathetic, Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?" George stopped laughing long enough to shake his head.

The group collective let out the breath they were holding in, and Freya couldn't help but let out a small giggle to the boys absolutely terrible joke.

After a moment they realized the girls presence after being entirely wrapped up with the situation at hand.

"It's good to see you Freya," Mrs. Weasley extended a warm hug.

"Always a pleasure," Nodded Mr. Weasley.

"Did someone say Freya?" Within a moment a glob of purple hair had popped into the room, "Where is she?"

"I'm right here." The blonde singled, a smile growing on her face.

Immediately the two woman tightly embraced.

"Tonks," Freya allowed herself to fully succumb to the smile, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you more kid," Tonks ruffled the blonde's hair.

"I'm so happy to see you're okay," The young witch finally let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding, "How did everything go tonight?"

Tonks paused when Freya asked the question. While the mission was successful in getting Harry there in one piece, there were casualties. It seemed these days, there were always casualties.

"Moody's gone," Sirius stepped into view, giving a solemn nod hello to the blonde in front of him.

Freya noticed he had trimmed his hair. He looked cleaner, like the man in the pictures she had seen of his younger days.

"Hedwig too."

The voice alone was enough to send shockwaves throughout Freya's body. It had been nearly two months since she had heard the boys voice, and she wasn't predicting such an immediate encounter. She knew behind her laid a pair of green eyes settled into the back of her head, waiting for her to turn. Just the thought made her knees nearly buckle.

Realizing she was caught up in her own mind, Freya finally came to. Slowly she shifted around to see Harry leaning against the doorframe, a sad demeanor engulfing him.

His clothes were tattered but lucky for Freya no surface wounds seemed to be on him. His round glasses had fallen the tip of his nose, which he immediately pushed up as the blonde laid eyes on him.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Harry," Freya was genuine, it hurt her heart to see the boy lose a pet he held so dear. She remembered the owls arrival at her home during previous summers, delivering some of their very first messages to each other.

"It's alright," Harry straightened himself up, his hands shoved deeply into his pants pockets. It was his best restraint to keep himself from running over to the blonde and collapsing within her arms, "It's good to see you Freya."

"You too Harry," She gulped, also offering up her best restraint when it came to the boy.

Both teenagers looked at each other with immense dread. For the moment, it was only the two of them in the room, but rather than the usual spark the two shared, there was only sadness.

"I-" Freya clenched the handle to her bag so tight that her fists grew white, "I'll bring my things upstairs."

Quickly the women grabbed her things and hustled herself up the stairs, barely willing her legs to raise themselves each step. She paused for a moment once she knew she was out of view.

Freya placed her bag down, and finally allowed the tears forming in her eyes to fall.