FOURTY NINE

FREYA LEFT THE headmasters office with a heavy feeling in her chest. Everything seemed so simple mere hours ago. The blonde was lost in her own thoughts as she walked to the deserted hospital wing.

It was past curfew so the corridors were empty, with the only exception being an occasional ghost or prefect. It was eerily quiet and Freya felt just as empty as the halls she was walking in.

Her footsteps lightened as she approached the hospital wing, but the echo was still ringing in her ear. The girl slowly pushed open the door and found the room to be surprisingly empty. Freya's eyes fell on the raven haired boy who was sleeping in the far corner, his round glasses on the table next to him.

She made her way over and gently brushed his hair back out of his face, taking a seat in the spare chair beside him. The small movement made the boy stir, slowly opening his green eyes.

"Freya," Harry smiled immediately at the sight of his girlfriend, "You didn't have to come."

"Of course I did silly." Freya smiled softly, "Are you feeling better?"

"Much, even better now that you're here." He slid over leaving a small spot for her to lay next to him.

The blonde climbed in beside him, laying his head on her shoulder as she did so. His warm body caused Freya to relax as his head nuzzled into her shoulder.

Her emotions were nothing short of a wreck as she sat there quietly playing with his raven black hair. Harry's breathing eventually dulled into snores while he fell asleep on her chest.

It wasn't until that moment that Freya felt tears welling up in her eyes. This type of indescribable emotion felt foreign to the blonde. It felt as if her insides were being torn in two. She truly didn't know how to feel about the information she received.

Half of her wanted to blurt it right out loud to the boy in her lap, tell Harry everything. Freya wanted to tell him about how his pain was her pain and how she felt everything he did. Warning him about the entire situation, making him cautious and careful for the rest of his life. Harry Potter would never take a risk, nor a wrong move.

That very statement is what kept Freya's lips pressed together.

Who was she to hold him back from greatness? It truly never registered with the blonde that the boy snoring on her chest was the boy who lived until that very moment. Harry James Potter wasn't just her classmate, friend, and beloved boyfriend, he had the entire world on his shoulders.

Harry Potter had become such a normality in her life, that she forgot he was anything but.

Harry James Potter was destined to save the Wizarding World, always had been. Freya was merely a muggle born who somehow turned out to be his soulmate. It hurt her heart to think about the severity of the situation.

At that moment Freya felt the exact same way she had when her mother was diagnosed. Only this time it was her. The blonde felt as just utterly hopeless as the last time her mother said "I love you."

So she silently let the tears roll down her cheeks, holding in the sounds of whimpering. Instead thought of everything the boy would achieve.

Thinking of Harry saving the world, saving their friends, their family, was enough for the blonde to make the decision that she would die for him.

- - - - -

hello my absolutely amazing readers! I'd like to start this note with an apology, I've been on hiatus for a while and left you all with an excruciating cliff hanger.
so, sorry! hope you all forgive me
that being said, I adore all of you and Audacity is back!