TWENTY SIX

THE FIRST MONTH of summer had passed by in a blink of an eye. Freya had happily gone to lake for a weekend, making up for her missed time last summer. Harry had briefly slipped her mind during the day, having other things keeping her occupied. However at night, the raven haired boy flooded her thoughts indefinitely.

Differing on Harry's end, Freya never left his mind. She, infact was a contributing factor to him waking up at all.

Both had heard from their respective friends. Ron wrote to them both quite often, telling the tales of Weasley Twin pranks. Hermione wrote Harry, while Neville wrote to Freya.

The blonde enjoyed the letters immensely, it reminded her of the joy her last year had brought her. Having friends was something Freya never knew she needed, but it turned out having them was not overrated. It was actually incredibly underrated and a Freya wished she had caught on sooner.

She also received some letters from Amity and Tonks. Both had which had advancing romantic relationships. Amity and Sirius has become increasingly, well, serious. While Tonks has seemingly struck something up with Remus Lupin.

Freya was ecstatic when she was invited to the Weasleys at the end of summer and would be seeing them again.

However things at home had been making Freya think. Finnick had been acting funny since she had been home, always sneaking off and going out. Secrets weren't common in the Majors family, and her older brother definitely had one. Being the curious little sister she was, she decided to investigate.

One day Finnick was out, Freya decided that would be the perfect time to search his room. She had done this many a time when they were children, admittedly she did it more than she probably should have. Once the coast was clear she snuck in, hoping for any sign of what her brother had been doing.

The first thing her eyes had fell on was a photo of Freya, Finnick and their mother. The picture made Freya smile. It was taken right before she was diagnosed, their last vacation together.

Seeing the picture almost made Freya feel guilty for snooping, but she figured this was the only way to find out what was going on.

Her next stop was the dresser, she searched through each drawer, only finding clothes and a bottle of lotion. Disappointed with her finds she plopped down on his bed. When her hand reached his pillow she felt something hard. Hoping it would be something of use to her search, she grabbed the small box, dragging it out of its hiding.

Freya's curiosity peaked when it revealed to be a small jewelry box, that looked awfully like a ring box. She took a breath before opening, as she did her mouth immediately fell open. Inside was a large diamond ring. It was her mother's engagement ring she immediately recognized it. It was her mother's most prized possession and why Finnick was hiding it under his pillow made Freya's brows furrow. As she contemplated why he would possibly have it, his door came swinging open.

"What are you doing in here?" Finnick immediately asked, crossing his arms.

Freya didn't respond as she continued to gawk.

"Frey! What the hell." Finnick attempted to gain her attention, anger laced his voice.

"Why do you have this?" Freya breathed holding out the box in front of her.

"Freya." Finnicks anger began to fade, but Freya's only rose.

"Tell me why you have Moms engagement ring hidden underneath your fucking pillow Finnick!" Her anger boiled over.

"I can explain." He tried to calm her down, it was unsuccessful.

"What were you going to do, pawn it off? Make some money so you can move out?!" Freya yelled, "I won't let you!" The blonde shut the box and pushed past her brother as she ran for her own room, slamming the door hard. Immediately falling onto her bed, she held the box close.

"Freya!" Finnick knocked at her door, "Come on Frey, talk to me." He pleaded.

"How could you!" She held back a sob, not sure wether to scream or cry.

"It's not what you think." He sighed outside her door.

"Whats going on?" Freya heard her father's voice outside her door.

"She's being insane." Finnick groaned, knocking on the door again.