TEN

A LARGE CLOMP of a textbook is what confirmed to Freya that she wasn't dreaming. She indeed was being given a textbook for DADA, and the pink lady in front of the room was most definitely talking about not using magic.

"She can't be serious." Harry muttered skimming the pages of his new book.

Dark Arts Defense, Basics for Beginners' read the title.

Freya was looking though her book with annoyance as Hermione raised her hand.

"But Professor, theres nothing in here about using defense spells" Hermione questioned, Freya was wondering the same thing.

"Using spells," Umbridge rolled her eyes with a sneer,"I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom"

"So no magic?" Ron Weasley looked dumbfounded flipping pages in his own textbook.

"And more control from the ministry" Freya groaned under her breath.

"A safe secure environment, risk free really"

Freya rolled her eyes obviously, her blonde hair pushed back as she sat forward.

"What use is that if we are attacked?" Harry spoke up.

"That hardly seems risk free" Freya whispered, cause Harry's ear to twitch.

"Students will raise their hand to speak!" She barked quickly.

"It is the view of the ministry that only theoretical knowledge will get you through your exams, and isn't that what school is for?" The woman asked sweetly.

"How is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry spat back, more angered than before.

"Nothing is out there dear. Who would want to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh I don't know-?" Harry began to speak, but almost like deja-vu Freya stuck her hand out and covered his mouth before he managed to say anything else.

"Voldemort." The name came slipping out of Freya mouth as Harry watched her with wide eyes.

Whispers broke out across the room. Hermione turned to her with unease on her face and Ron seemed to be staring as Freya's hand continued to cover Harry's mouth.

"Now let me make this clear," She stood straighter,"You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large"

Umbridge paused.

"This. Is. A. Lie."

"It's not a lie," Freya found herself saying, "You'd be dumb as rocks to deny it. He almost killed Harry last year, and he did kill Cedric. Now to say that's not dangerous, now that's the real lie!"

Professor Umbridges mouth dropped at Freya's outburst. The girl had finally dropped her hand from Harry's mouth and could hear the blood rushing though her ears as her heart pounded.

"Detention Miss Majors, don't be late."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya practically ran out of class that day. She avoided Harry's gazes and nudges, trying her hardest not to look at the boy. Harry himself was outright confused. Why did Freya cover for him?

Only one person was more confused and intrigued by the whole encounter. Hermione Granger was absolutely baffled. The curly haired girl had spent year thinking Freya only had it out for herself, but here she was defending Harry.

The blonde avoided the trio for the rest of the day, Harry made many attempts to get her attention but all were ignored.

It was after dinner when Freya headed to Umbridge's office. Freya could smell the sicky sweet of vanilla and saw pink the minute she reached the door. The girl went to reach for the door knob but right as her hand was about to touch, the door swung open and Freya was greeted with the meowing of many cats.

"Come on in Miss Majors." The woman waved her in.

Freya quietly went and took a seat in a chair across from the woman and awaited her lecture.

"You'll be doing lines for me today."

"I don't have a quill." Freya muttered.

"You'll be using one of mine anyway." The woman retorted coldly before handing Freya the quill, "You'll be writing lines for me today."

"And what shall I write?" Freya tried to contain her sarcasm.

"I must not tell lies."

Freya bit her tongue and looked down at the parchment. Reluctantly she put the quill down and began writing.

She finished her first line when her hand began to sting. Freya ignored it for a moment but then glanced down to see what the issue was. She gasped quietly as she watched the words etch themselves in her skin.

"How many." Freya fought back the pain in her hand.

"Has it sunk in?" Umbridge asked.

"Yes... Professor." Freya managed to choke out.

"You may go."

Freya quickly stood up and headed for the door. She clutched her hand as she opened the door and walked out. She needed to go get a bandage from the hospital wing to stop her bleeding wound.

"Freya!" Harry was waiting right outside the office.

The girl turned and began to walk, not engaging.

"Freya." Harry caught up and put a hand on her shoulder. She winced slightly as she turned, attempting to hide her hand.

"What happened?" He looked concerned.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Freya gritted her teeth.

"You don't sound fine."

Harry's eyes settled on Freya's hand, which was now bloodied. He immediately grabbed it and looked at the wound.

"Why did you cover for me?" He asked slightly angry.

"I don't know, it just happened." Freya retorted.

"Let's get you to the hospital wing." Harry insisted.

"I can take care of myself Harry."

"So is that a no?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Too bad." Harry decided, he suddenly picked up the blonde, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Motherfu-"

"No swearing." Harry laughed as he carried her down the corridor.