FIFTY-SIX

HARRY POTTER COULD not catch a break. Between schooling, his time with Dumbledore, and his social life, it was safe to say he was overwhelmed. His mission involving Horace Slughorn had been an absolute bust for weeks now.

That failure weighed on his mind heavily, perhaps that's why he wasn't entirely aware when his girlfriend had avoided him for a few days time.

"Where's Freya?" Ron asked in between bites of his chicken leg that he begun scarfing down only minutes prior.

"I think I saw her in Charms today, maybe she just felt sick and needed to rest." Hermione threw out, seeing a slight panic in Harry's demeanor from Ron's outburst.

"Maybe," Harry thought for a moment, trying to pace when he himself had seen her last.

"Neville!" Ron called out to the boy who was a few seats down, "You seen Freya mate?"

Neville paused for a second thinking about his incident with the girl what was now a week ago, "No sorry, she's probably just caught up in something."

While he knew he shouldn't be worried, Harry found himself thinking about the blonde all of dinner. He hadn't realized how much he missed her when she wasn't around, he had been so distracted it hardly gave him time to think.

Just as his own guilt began to fester, in walked Freya Majors.

"Freya!" Harry beamed as he laid eyes on her, tapping the empty place on the bench next to him.

"Sorry I'm late guys," Freya apologized, taking up Harry on his offer for the spot, "Just got caught up writing Amity."

"Well I think it's safe to say we're all glad you're here." Hermione teased, earning a small eye roll from Harry.

Everyone continued on with their meals but Harry found himself looking at the blonde, rather than eating.

"Can I help you boy wonder?" Freya raised her eyebrows playfully, "It's rude to stare."

"I just think you're beautiful." Harry responded.

Freya felt her heart skip a beat as his piercing green eyes scanned over her. A warmth rose to her cheeks as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Well don't make me blush."

"What can I say," Harry leaned over and placed a gently kiss on her cheek, "I'm just a guy who knows how lucky he is."

The blonde had a smile permanently painted across her face now, but it faltered as she thought about last weeks events. Her heart was still torn.

"Well be sure to remember that." She looked at him, and couldn't help but laugh at the goofy expression he wore.

She truly adored that boy.

»»-------------¤-------------««

That night Freya decided to go for a walk. Her mind was busy with thoughts and she just couldn't sit in the common room another moment.

Ron was at practice, and Hermione was off with Ginny who was attempting to break up with her on and off again boyfriend Dean Thomas. That left Freya.

She wasn't entirely sure where Harry was that night. Typically his lessons and secret meetings with Dumbledore were around this time, so she wasn't too concerned with his whereabouts.

The blonde was deep in thought as she roamed the corridors of the school. It had been a while since she really took the time to look around the halls she had called home for the past several years. Hogwarts truly was a marvel. Freya could remember the first time she had arrived at the school, everything was so brilliant and new. She never in her wildest dreams saw her life ending up where it was. One minute she was a normal kid, and the next she was exploding oatmeal in her brothers face.