SIXTY

FREYA, RON, HERMIONE, Neville, and Ginny had taken matters into their own hands. Each had taken bits of the potion, luck coursing through their veins. To be entirely honest they had no clue what Harry meant by Draco planning something, but they trusted him.

Freya pitied Malfoy, and she had been hard on Harry for his treatment of him, but at the end of the day she still trusted Harry with her life, so she followed his instructions.

Ginny and Hermione stationed themselves by Professor Snape's office. Harry didn't trust that he had no involvement in whatever was coming their way tonight, and knew it would be best to have him watched. Freya, Ron, and Neville tool guard outside the room of requirement. Wether the blonde wanted to admit it or not, something fishy was going on, and her stomach had already tied itself into knots.

"Do you think it's going to be bad?" Ron whispered to Freya at a near silent level, his own fear lacing his words.

"I don't know," The blonde was honest with him, she had no reason to lie when she herself was scared shitless, "But Dumbledore is with Harry, and Dumbledore will protect us."

She then went silent again, her blues focused on the hall where the room waited. In her mind Freya went over spells, what she would need to protect herself, and her friends. It brought her mind back to Dumbledore's army, it felt like so long ago.

Freya felt different than she did then, for once even in the middle of impending battle, like she belonged.

Suddenly everything went black.

The air was now costing in a black substance, each teenager temporarily blinded by the powder. Freya knew what it was, and the pit in her stomach grew.

"It's Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder!" She hissed at her friends to keep her tone low, "We need to spread out, anyone who was trying to hide in that mess, is already here."

Both Ron and Neville agreed after a moment, the truth was none of them really wanted to separate. Call it the Gryffindor in Freya, but she knew what they had to do.

"Stay safe." Freya looked both boys in the eyes, her voice incredibly sincere, before she turned around and ran down the corridor.

The blondes heart beat fast, but it was a familiar feeling. It certainly wasn't the first time she was in a situation like this. It felt like every other day she had adrenaline pumping through her as she ran through the halls of school.

Freya wasn't positive on where she was running, she just made sure to be always aware of what surrounded her, that was, until ran full body into a figure in front of her.

She didn't recognize who it was at first, for the figure was facing away from her. The girl could see it was a man, it was evident by broad shoulders and a manly frame. He was dressed in black, which made her heart skip a beat, but she also noticed the robes he dawned seemed older, and not in pristine condition.

"Expelliamus!" Freya shouted out, gripping her own wand tightly between her slim boney fingers.

The strangers wand flew across the hall, smacking into the wall, and then falling to a spot on the floor and rolling a few feet before coming to a stop.

"Geez Blondie," The man turned around in shock, "It's only been a few months since you've seen me, do I look that different?"

"Sirius." Freya exhaled loudly in relief as she finally recognized who in was standing in front of her, seeing the mans face out her immediately at ease, "What are you doing here?"

"Wow ok, most people would start with an apology after jinxing an innocent persons wand away-" The man chuckled as he reached down to grab his wand that thankfully didn't break on impact.

"Sorry about that," Freya cut him off apologetically, "I thought, I thought-"

"I was a death eater?" He finished for her, "They wish."

The blonde wasn't really sure what was the correct response to his statement, so she awkwardly looked around before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Haven't ya heard?" The man attempted to maintain a light mood, "We're in a war blondie."

"Right." Freya gulped, hiding a world of dread behind her ocean blue eyes. It was funny, her mind didn't even think about the fact that at any moment she could drop dead, and she would never even see it coming.

As she took a second to collect her mind, her eyes wandered out the window, but what she saw horrified her to the core. Above Hogwarts, the place where they were all supposed to safe, was a Dark Mark. Freya could feel the hair on her arms rise as she looked at it, and Sirius fought his instincts to remain composed.

"We should keep moving," He stated after a moment between the two, "Find the others."

Freya gave a silent nod and followed after him.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The corridors were eerily quiet as Freya and Sirius made their way through. The blonde was used the halls being filled with students, sound echoing across the stone.

That night all she could hear were the shallow footsteps coming from her own feet, it made her uneasy.

"Padfoot?" A whispering voice suddenly came around the corner, "Is that you?"

Freya froze for a moment, but eased her muscles as Remus Lupin and Tonks walked around the corner.

"You scared me there for a moment Moony," Sirius took a breath, making his best attempt at a laugh, "How did your sweep go?"

"It's the astronomy tower," Remus nodded, "They're all there."

Freya's blood chilled as the two men talked about the Death Eaters who had invaded their homeland. She felt her cold fingers twitch, still gripped tightly around her wand, which she had yet to put away.

"You alright?" Freya received a nudge on the shoulder from the pink haired woman who she hardly noticed in her discombobulated state.

"Me?" Freya asked but realized the obvious answer, "I'm okay."

Tonks gave her a look that absolutely called her bluff, but decided to leave it alone.

"Does anyone know where Harry is?" The blonde peeped up after a moment of silence, she had been wondering that question for some time but just wasn't sure when to ask it.

"He's with Dumbledore," Remus answered her, "He'll be safe."