THIRTY FIVE

THE EXCITING THOUGHT of going to the Weasley joke shop is what woke Freya up that morning. The twins had been talking about it nonstop and their personal invitation the night before only made her more excited to go.

Waking herself up she began to get ready for the day, brushing her blonde hair was a start. Her long hair that hit just above her lower back was always a chore to comb and she dreaded it daily. The thickness didn't help either, only making her more susceptible to knots and tangles. With a groan she began to brush, but her eyes wandered over to a pair of large scissors laying on the desk in her room. She thought for a moment, debating back and forth.

Hastily she grabbed and brought them shoulder length, with one quick snip inches of blonde locks fell to the ground.

"Damn." Freya mumbled, heading to the other side for its chop.  Not entirely sure why she was making this rash decision at such an early hour.

She was left with a sleek and boxy bob, and a pile of hair on the ground.

Freya's long hair had always been something she hid behind, and for some reason today felt like good a day as any to rip off her security blanket.

She then got dressed, every once in a while glancing back at the mirror to catch a glimpse of her hair. Walking downstairs she ran her dainty fingers through it and grabbed herself a cup of coffee.

"Nice." Amity looked at her, "Edgy."

"Thanks." Freya shrugged, downing her caffeine rather fast.

"Oh shit, someone's rebelling." Sirius had smug smile as she drank his own coffee.

"More like I was annoyed and have a wand that can grow it back whenever I want." The blonde pointed out.

"You cut your hair." Harry stated, walking into the room.

"Yes I did." She nodded while Amity and Sirius exchanged a look.

"It looks nice." Harry shyly added, running his fingers through his own messy black hair, making an odd look cross Sirius's face as he excused himself.

"Thanks." Freya smiled, looking at it.

"Are you two excited to go to the joke shop?" Amity asked, leaning up against the counter, but her eyes lingered on her exiting boyfriend.

"You can go after him." Freya nudged, earning a grateful smile and nod from her as she followed him out.

The two teenagers were left standing there, Freya taking periodic sips of her coffee.

"You two ready?" Mr. Weasleys head popped in the door, looking between the two of them.

"Yep." Freya nodded, putting her mug down and following him, Harry trailing a few steps behind.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Woah." Ron looked up the floors of Weasley Wizard Wheezes with a childlike expression.

"Awesome." Freya muttered, a similar expression painted on hers aswell. Her eyes scanned the walls full of bright colors and packaging. The shop was bustling, laughter filled the air.

"Look." Harry tapped her shoulder, drawing her eyes to a trapeze of Dolores Umbridge saying I will have order.

"Bloody brilliant." Freya laughed, smiling at the boy.

"This whole place is." Harry agreed.

Within a moment both teenagers found something that caught their eyes, heading off in opposite directions.

Freya was looking at a dark substance that read, "Peruvian Instant Darkness powder."

"Great if you need to make a quick escape." George Weasleys head appeared next to her.

"A really nutty spinner that one." Fred agreed, before both disappeared out of the blondes view.

Across the shop, Harry, Ginny and Hermione were looking in a page pink flower display.

"Hello ladies," The twins approached, "And Harry."

Harry shot them a quick glare.

"Love potions eh," Fred started.

"They really work too." George finished, "But it seems to me two of you aren't having that issue." Both Harry and Ginny immediately put down the vials in reaction before George turned, "Half price for you Hermione, our treat."

The bushy haired girl quickly put hers down as well as she huffed and walked off with her arms crossed.

"Harry!" A happy voice came from behind the raven haired boy.

"Hey Neville." Harry smiled, seeing the boy approach.

"This is kind of a weird question," Neville started, "But is Freya here-"

"Neville!" The blonde came stumbling over, avoiding knocking into displays while she went to hug the boy, "How was your summer?"

"Good." He nodded, especially happy to see her, "You cut your hair."

"This morning." Freya nodded, making Neville laugh.

Harry decided to give them some time to catch up, but he ended up being pulled out by Ron with Hermione back into the streets.

"So you and Harry are all good?" Neville asked, moving out of the way of the small wizards running through.

"Yeah," Freya nodded, "All good."

"Thank Merlin." He sighed, "That was terrible to watch."

"It was terrible to be a part of." Freya pointed out, "It royally sucked."

"You got that right." Neville agreed, "Should we get a butterbeer?"

The blonde quickly glanced around, not seeing anyone who she came with and shrugged, "Why not."