TWENTY NINE

BOTH WOMEN WERE surprised to say the least to find out that there was another witch in there presence.

"But how?" Catherine asked, glancing towards the direction of the dining room, "Finnick isn't-"

"I don't know." Freya answered, "It just worked out that way."

The brunette bit her lip thinking about what to do next.

"Does Finnick know?"

"No." Catherine shook her head with a guilty look.

"When did you plan on telling him?" She crossed her arms, protective little sister mode had been activated in the young girl's mind.

"When things were more serious," The woman admitted, "When I knew things were solid."

"Are things not solid?" Freya immediately became defensive over her older brother.

"No! They are, they are. It's just, I was waiting for-" Catherine cut herself off with a sniff, thinking she sounded incredibly silly in that very moment, "I was going to wait till he proposed."

Both woman processed for a second, Catherine was the first to break the silence, "I know it's sound stupid, and really fast. But I really like your brother." She sighed, "I hope this doesn't change anything for you. I know he really wanted your approval."

The blonde looked at her, the woman in front of her didn't seem like her intentions were malicious in the slightest. She believed that Catherine truly did like Finnick, maybe even love, "This doesn't change anything for me." Freya paused, "But you need to tell him."

"I will." Catherine promised with nod, her large eye showcasing her gratitude to the young girl.

"What's going on?" Finnick wandered into view, seeing his girlfriend and sister deep in conversation.

Catherine had a panicked look on her face, but Freya quickly took over, "I got her stain out."

"Oh wonderful!" Finnick smiled, "I really do like that dress."

Catherine smiled weakly and walked over to him with a nervous glance, "Can we go for a walk?" Finnick looked puzzled but agreed, saying a quick goodbye to Freya and walking out with her.

The blonde relaxed as she headed back into the dining room where her father was waiting.

"Where did they go?" Greyson asked, noticing his missing son.

"On a walk." Freya sat down and stole a sip of her brothers wine that remained on the table.

"Freya." Greyson warned before she could bring the glass closer to her lips for another sip.

"Yeah yeah." She put the glass down, "I'm calling it a night."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Freya spent the rest of her night up in her room, making herself busy while Finnick was out, she wanted to know how things ended with him and Catherine. She really did like the woman, even just meeting her she knew that Catherine and Finnick were a good match. She was dorky, but seemed to hold her own, Finnick definitely needed someone to put him in his place every once in a while.

Not only that, she was a witch. Freya had always wanted a sister, but one who was similar to her? That was a dream.

So the blonde sat legs up against the wall, twiddling her thumbs waiting for her stupid big brother to return. She found her wandering mind on who you may ask?

You guessed it, Harry Potter.

This time last year if she thought about Harry it would have been to curse him out, or share her exasperation about the alleged boy hero. However, this night she found herself thinking about how cute his hair was when it was messy, and how he smelled of broom wood even after fighting in a battle. Just thinking about those things made Freya's stomach tie into a knot, she didn't know how she was supposed to face him without turning beet red at the end of the summer. Freya Majors had never experienced this feeling before, at least not to this intensity, because for the first time Freya had a crush.

This new feeling frustrated Freya to no end, she had just gotten in a good place with the boy wonder, now she had to deal with her romantic feelings toward him? Never in her life had Freya had so many conflicted emotions about a boy.

As much as it annoyed her, Freya put a finger to her lips, trying desperately to remember what it felt like when Harry's were there.

"I'm in so much trouble." The blonde muttered.

"Trouble?" Finnick asked, bursting his way into his little sisters room.

"What? Huh? Never mind." Freya stammered not realizing he had returned, "What happened with Catherine?"

Her brother sighed, came over next to her, propping his feet against the wall just like hers. Their matching blonde hair draping the floor.

"She's like you." He opened up, "She's a witch."

"You're not going to break up with her are you?" Freya began speaking fast, "ilikedheriswearididanditjustwouldbesuchashameanddidimentionilikedher?"

"Break up with her?" Finnick cut her off completely, "Why would I break up with her?"

"Because she's a witch." The girl blinked.

"So are you ya little toerag," Finnick nudged her shoulder, "and you are one of the best people I know."

Both Majors siblings sat thinking about what he said before in unison letting out an, "Ew."

"I cannot believe I just said that." Finnick laughed scrunching his face, "It's official, I'm turning into Dad!"

"That is dangerous territory Finnick Marshall Majors." Freya teased.

"Oh believe me I know Freya Mason Majors." Her brother responded, both laughing.

Once their laughter died down both watched their feet against the wall, not exactly knowing what to say next.

"Are you still going to propose?" Freya asked, hope lacing her voice.

"I plan on it." Finnick nodded, "I'm not exactly sure when."

"Run your plan by me first," The blonde sat up on her elbows, "I don't want you to do something stupid."

"Okay." He laughed, looking at his little sister. She reminded him greatly of their mother in that moment, the way she laughed and smiled. Even the way she comforted him. It made him miss her, she would have loved to be here for this.

"I think Mum would have liked her." Finnick didn't realize he was whispering.

"I just met her," Freya looked at him, "And I already know she would have loved her."

Finnick wrapped an arm around the blonde as they laid on the floor, "You're pretty good sister ya know that?"

"Don't be a fool. I'm the best sister."

quick question readers: would you be interested in a story about Catherine and eventually Catherine and Finnick? let me know!