FIFTY-FIVE

FREYA SHOULD'VE KNOWN her peaceful few weeks at Hogwarts were too good to be true.

The blonde had just finally settled her nerves about everything going on in her life and settled back into some sense of normalcy. Her classes had been going well, she and Harry were extremely happy in their relationship. In fact, she even dawned his sweater as her and Hermione headed down the Pitch for what was to become one of the final matches of the season.

"So I take it you haven't mentioned anything to Ron about his little outburst in the hospital wing?" Freya asked slyly, raising her eyebrows at Hermione who conveniently decided to start watching the match.

"I would hardly call it an outburst," Hermione babbled, "He simply heard my voice and said my name."

"Right." Freya extended her "t" to prove she wasn't buying a second of Hermione's excuse, but decided to let it slide for the moment.

"Did Harry tell you Cormac cornered him yesterday about taking Ron's place in the match?" The bushy haired girl changed the subject quickly, "If you ask me he's quite the prick."

"Woah language there Granger," Freya laughed genuinely, "You're the one who took him to Slughorn's little shindig."

"Don't remind me." Hermione grimaced, shaking her head at the thought.

Freya suddenly grew an inspired glimmer in her eyes, "I'll be back."

"Wa-" Hermione began to interject but Freya was already pushing her way down through the stands, shoving aside lumps of red and gold as she did.

Freya wasn't much into pranks, but hearing Cormac was giving Harry slack just made her want to even more. The blonde shuffled her way down the entire stands, making it just underneath. She thought she had gotten away without a second look when she ran face first into Neville Longbottom.

"Oi Freya, use your eyes." The dorky boy teased.

"Oh god Neville," She sighed realizing no real harm had come, "I'm sorry."

Her fellow Gryffindor just laughed it off with a smile before raising an eyebrow, "What are you doing down here?"

"Better question," Freya thought on her feet, "What are you doing down here?"

"Hey," Neville began to protest her twisting, but being the kind soul he was he told his reasoning anyway, "Cormac heard about something in the muggle world called a "Waterboy" and for some reason he assigned that role to me." Neville explained, pointing to the row of floating water bottles further out on the field.

"Thats-" Freya began to get angry, "He's just such a tool."

"Just doing my part," Neville shrugged nonchalantly, which made Freya even more hot headed at his treatment.

At that moment the match had come to a small break, so the players had all flown down and were walking across the grass, Cormac's pompous ass leading the charge. The blonde was still under the stands, just out of sight, she didn't want Harry seeing her and assuming something was wrong.

The team was all talking when Cormac busted out a beaters bat claiming that the player in that position simply must have forgotten how to play, or even worse was just that "stupid". The lackey Gryffindor swung the bat around aimlessly, evidently trying to make a show of himself.

"So are you going to tell me why you're down here?" Neville asked, distracting Freya from her red hot rage.

"Oh, I was just going to-"

At that moment a hard smack echoed across the field, and the once roaring fans went silent. Freya had barely even a moment to see what was going on before searing pain greeted her skull.