Chapter 8: A New World

(A/N)

If you are here from my short little Author Note at the very start of this story, Welcome! If not then I would recommend you not read this part as it might spoil a bit of what is to come. 

Welcome to my story New reader person! You look phenomenal today! I know that the prologue is kinda big booty butt cheeks and I thank you for giving this book a chance! In this chapter, you will be entering a new world with your newly acquired abilities and you will be testing them out in the first dungeon you encounter in this new world. If you skipped straight to this chapter without reading Chapter 4 and you are confused on what powers and skills you have, then I would recommend going back and reading Chapter 4: Awakening, but if not please enjoy this chapter! Thank you so much for reading! ;)

========================================================

(Y/N) slipped through the portal easily. It felt as if he was walking through a bubble that didn't break as he passed it, only stretched itself to accommodate his form. As his head popped through to the other side, he looked at the things that surrounded him. 

For one, it was daytime. The bright sun beamed down onto his head, and he could feel the warmth of this world as soon as he entered it. He looked around to take in his surroundings. (Y/N) was in a forest in, seemingly, the middle of nowhere. He took a few steps forward, looked around for a second, and asked himself the obvious question. "Where am I?"

[Welcome to Remnant!]

"Remnant? I feel like I've heard of that place before. I think it was from some show I watched a while ago." He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to remember where he had heard that name from. "For whatever reason it's not coming to me. Not that it matters right now. Hey Meta, where should we go?"

[Meta has no idea!]

"Ok so we are lost with no place to go. That is just excellent."

[Meta has a recommendation! The System has multiple Mechanics to assist with finding your way! One of them is the System Map, would you like me to tell you about it?]

Y/N

"Yes please."

System Map- A map granted by the System that can map out the current location of the user. As this Mechanic is upgraded, the better the Map function becomes, granting new mechanisms.

[Would you like to begin upgrading the System Map?]

Y/N

"I think that is an excellent idea. How about, since we have all these System Points, let's see how far we can upgrade this thing. How many SY (System Points) would it take for the Map to max out?" (Y/N) asked his partner.

[It will take 10 SY to upgrade the System Map to MAX. Would you like to do so?]

Y/N

"For only 10 SY? Absolutely! I must have gotten a ton for killing Sin, because I thought that it would take a lot more than 10 to MAX out an essential skill like the mini map."

[Congratulations! You have unlocked the MAX System Map!]

*MAX System Map*

*Organism Detection- Anything living that is in plain sight will now be visible on your System Map via a Blue Marker.

*Ally Detection- Any organism that is in a friendly relationship with the user will show on the Map as a Green Marker.