Chapter 15: Training Begins

The group slid from behind the booth, thanking their waitress, and exited the restaurant like cafeteria. They then exited the building and followed Nix as she led them to one of the massive buildings closest to the east side of the campus. 

The structure was a large arena shaped building with a domed top. There were multiple-colored flags that draped across the sides of the building decorating its exterior. Traffic around the building was heavy, as there were several different groups people entering and exiting the massive arena.

As they entered the structure, Nix began explaining the importance of this building, "this place is known as Beacon Battle Arena, but most people just call it the Training Room. Its mostly used for the practical training of students, as there are many large-scale battle rooms that teachers can use to control the environment of the room and pit their students up against one another or even some captured Grimm."

"However, we are using this place for its other purpose. There are also, hundreds of private rooms that can be used for the students' own purposes." Nix exhaled a long breath as she spoke the last part of her explanation. "We will be using the room, to fight one another in hopes of improving our own strengths." As she spoke, (Y/N) could easily read that Nix was not looking forward to the training, but he couldn't immediately figure out why, so he chose to revisit the topic later.

The group walked up to one of the open machines and Nix registered three people for a Private Battle Room. As she input the amount of people and the time they would be spending in the room, she inserted her temp card into slot on the bottom of the machine. 

The screen loaded for a moment, showing the Beacon logo spinning, before it showed that a few of the rooms were available. From there she selected the closest one, and the directions to get to the room was automatically transferred onto her scroll.

The group walked and talked all the way to the private room, while (Y/N) continued admiring his surroundings. As they approached the room it had the number 432 plastered on the front of the door, like a hotel room. The exterior of the room was entirely black with a long horizontal window spanning across it showing the interior. In the hallway, hundreds of these identical rooms were placed right next to each other. 

The clear window's length ended as soon as the next rooms door began, and that door was connected to that rooms window. It was a slightly trippy sight to see all these identical rooms with people battling and training inside of them, but no sounds were heard.

Nix swiped her temp card onto the door, and it slowly rose from the ground, barring them entrance into the battle place. The room was extremely well lit, with an entirely white flooring and grey tiled walls, making the room look like the training room of almost any fighting game ever. 

On the inside, the window had a holographic timer that showed the exact amount of time that the group had left in the private room. It showed, '1;59;56', identifying that they had about two hours left in the room. As (Y/N) and Nix started to look around the room, Neyah was beginning to get impatient, saying "We clearly don't have a ton of time, so let's get shit poppin!"

She sounded a bit brash, but (Y/N) agreed with her sentiment. In two hours, he would be able to improve his strength greatly by leveling up in dungeons and such, but for them improvement probably came much slower, so they had to use this time wisely. "Yeah, Neyah your right, lets get started. This is how we're gonna do it though, we'll start with one on ones, you guys versus me, to let me get a grasp on your abilities and find out what you both need to work on. And since your so antsy, Neyah, you'll be first."

"It's about fuckin time! Just letting you know; I won't be holding back just because I love you!"

A small chuckle escaped his lips as he heard her statement, "I sure hope not."