Chapter 63: System Update

(A/N)

Hello everyone! I bet you didn't think that you'd be hearing again from me so soon, but here I am. The reason for this small authors note is for me to tell you that I ended up doing a very small 'rewrite' more like a little alteration on chapters 8, 10, 11, and 17. If you want the cliffnotes version of the changes just look to my announcements and it should be up by the time you read this. (Hit ur boy up with a follow while ur there, that'd be pretty lit). It doesn't really have too many implications for the rest of the story except for when you eventually see Shiva again. So, I'd at least recommend you read 10, 11, 12, and 17 again at some point. You should definitely see what I changed in 11 since its really obvious lol.

Why did I do that, well I had a convo with a nice reader and I couldn't shake the desire to make things a bit better when I woke up the next day. Well oh well, I could've gotten a chapter ahead of the curve and had another one in the chamber, but it seems we are not that lucky. I hope you enjoy the chapter none the less!

Remember to Comment and Vote! I love it when yall do that!

========================================================

While Zeb and Junior were rushing to Hel's Kitchen on the command of their Boss, (Y/N) and Rouge were having a fairly light conversation about the day-to-day activities that Rouge attends to at the Club. Throughout their conversation, (Y/N) learned quite a bit about the numerous changes that had been made to the Club since a month ago. 

From the treatment of VIP's to the heightened rise of the location's popularity, even offering something for the day goers as well. Meaning that the entire Club was essentially a 24/7 hotspot of premium entertainment and was practically printing money at this point. 

They hadn't yet figured out what to do with all the excess money since keeping the cops on the payroll was already being taken into account and the men in the Demon Clan no longer had a desire for materialistic objects. However, Scarlet proposed the idea to start fixing up the surrounding area, buying up businesses and turning the entire district into a sort of entertainment/night life hotspot.

The idea itself wasn't bad and it would probably help solidify the Clan's power further. Although the only doubt that (Y/N) had about it was the fact that it would bring a lot of foreign attention towards the two women that seem to be running the entire operation. The fact that the Demon Clan was so powerful already meant that it was doubtful that anyone would attempt to bring harm to them, plus he already had Ozpin in his pocket which meant the council wouldn't get involved. 

The red-haired woman chuckled slightly when the Devil mentioned the council, pointing out the fact that all ten standing council members are daily patrons of the Club. A few of the councilmen were even proud patrons at Junior's. 

She finished her supporting evidence for why expanding was an excellent idea by then showing (Y/N) the mask that she had been wearing whenever she was around the Club and he took the opportunity to create a proper appearance for Rouge, beating himself up over the fact that he didn't do that earlier.

It seemed like mindlessness was getting the best of him recently, not acting on minor details that could possibly result in dramatic changes or people he cared about getting hurt. If the Awakened One had to identify a reason for this occurrence he'd have to say that it's because of the amount of 'food', he suddenly found on his plate. Before his only true objective was to take control of the Xiong Family and subsequently kill Roman, but since then he's taken on quite a bit more than comfortable for his mouth.

Spreading his focus in numerous different places at once has begun resulting in (Y/N) believing he is losing control on the current situation, but even still he felt that things were beginning to look up. Once Cinder returned to Vale to contact the Devil for a 'partnership' of sorts everything would begin to fall into place.