Chapter 59: Knight Ceremony

"Hey man, what happened to you out there? Seems like you passed out on us" (Y/N) said as he approached the Blonde. Jaune was sitting in the corner of the Airship, head down, hands crossed on his knees, all by his lonesome, appearing to be in deep thought about something.

He lifted his head slightly to look at the man who was speaking to him but returned his eyes to the ground after noticing who it was. "Nothing happened. I mean clearly nothing fucking happened, I passed out." (Y/N) sat down next to the blonde, sitting in a similar position as the man, putting his eyes to the ground and his crossing his hands over his knees like the man.

"Why'd that happen? I thought you were prepared to become a Huntsman and an S-Rank one at that

"Why'd that happen? I thought you were prepared to become a Huntsman and an S-Rank one at that. Seems a little more than odd that you'd pass out after seeing a simple Ursa." Knowing how Jaune was in the original Rwby brought a tinge of dislike to his heart when speaking to him. 

Jaune was a useless, comedic relief, Sokka wannabe that wanted to be strong without working for it, and he was at least partially responsible for Pyrrha's death that made him hate him even more, but he managed to hold back his dislike for the blonde so he could gauge what he was like in Remnant.

Instead of continuing his depressed expression, Jaune looked up at the man with a bit of anger on his face, "what are you over here for? Don't fucking patronize me. I already know that I fucked up, I know that I'm weak as shit, I know that I'm useless, I know all of that shit. I don't need you to remind me, I do it enough myself!" The more he spoke the louder he got until he eventually blurted out the last statement at a volume where everyone in the ship heard it as well, drawing their attention to the duo that was speaking with one another. 

Seeing everyone's eyes turn back to him, Jaune sunk back into his shell, his former angered bravado leaving in mere seconds, and his head returned to the ground. "If you just want to laugh at me, can you please do it from a far? I don't want to hear it. It only makes my life worse." 

Seeing how Jaune reacted to his question, the animosity in (Y/N)'s mind quickly left, and he couldn't help but feel a bit of pity for the slumping man, but his face was vacant of such emotion as he responded.

"I'm not here to laugh at you, bully you, or whatever else you think I might be here for. I honestly don't give a damn about you. However, you are Pyrrha's partner, and I love Pyrrha, so therefore I feel like I need to make sure you don't fuck her over by dragging her down with you." 

After hearing that (Y/N) didn't care much for him at all and didn't expect him to become anything, for some reason, it brought a small smile to his lips and the thought brought him a bit of comfort. "So, if your so useless and you know it, then why are you here? Or more confusingly, how are you here?"

Jaune exhaled a large amount of air before turning to face (Y/N), "if I do tell you do you promise not to snitch on me? Well, not that it really matters since I'll probably be getting kicked out soon enough anyway."