Chapter 12: Vale

As they walked and talked through the empty collapsed city, (Y/N) began visually connecting the visuals of his surroundings to the things he saw in the show. "Rwby was never my favorite show because of the awkward CGI animation, but the world and characters were super interesting. It's hard to connect places like this to the cartoon, because the cartoon, especially early on, had the shittiest environmental animation I think I have ever seen.

Taking another look around at the destroyed landscape he completed his thought, "but if I had to take a guess as to where we are now, I would say it's Mountain Glenn. The collapsing buildings, fractured street, and numerous Grimm add to the validity of that argument. That means that Vale is easily within traveling distance so we should make it there in no time." (Y/N) continued to follow Byakko out of the failed city, with Neyah and Nix holding closely to his arms as they walked and talked.

After a while of small talk, the group of lovers fell in a comfortable silence, walking leisurely towards the city's exit. This gave (Y/N) time to go through some more of the systems menus and explore the things he could do. "Shop," the moment he thought the word, the System shop opened up in his mind. The shop looked similar to others he's seen in video games with multiple tabs separating each kind of equipment he could acquire. 

He could use search and order filters to better find what he wanted to buy, and if he had a specific item in mind, he could search it with the search engine or ask Meta. Along the top of the page were tabs that separated items by the essence that they came from, the three at the top now were 'System', 'Deus-Terra', and 'Remnant'. Under the Deus-Terra, aka earth, column was some extremely interesting stuff that surprised (Y/N). "Wow, I can believe it!" He spoke loudly in is thoughts, "All this shit is fuckin ass!" Looking over the items in the shop, he found that the weapons were less than stellar to say the least. 

They were all weapons from his world, and as such they didn't have the power that he was looking for. However, he did find something that took hold of his interest, the consumable tab. "Huh? Aint no way" in the tab titled 'Consumables' contained food, drinks, and medicine all with various effects mostly healing small amounts of HP. The interesting part was what food was listed, "most of this shit is fast food! Wendy's Burgers, Popeyes Chicken Sandwiches, chipotle burrito's, all of it! I don't have to eat to live anymore, but if I wanna quick snack." 

After he was finished looking through the various meals and candies that the tab had to offer, he turned his attention to the Remnant tab. There were tons of weapons, most of which were too high leveled for him to use and the ones that were usable were extremely weak and unusable. 

The most interesting part of the Remnant tab was the various Dust powder vials and Dust crystals. The only issue with this was the fact that the Dust was so damn expensive."10 AUS for Dust vial? 100 AUS for a Crystal!?! What the fuck are these prices!?!? The System out here tryna gimp me of my hard-earned money." 

Switching off the Remnant tab he moved to the System tab which had the same issues as the Remnant tab, useless weapons and equipment, overly expensive raw materials. Except in this tab there were usable consumables, they healed lots of HP, MP, and great temporary Attribute boosts with additional effects. (Y/N) chose to keep these items in mind as he continued his exploration. 

He learned that he could change the System currency into the currency used in whatever world he was currently in and vice versa. Going through everything else in the system, he discovered that he could upgrade the Dust into one another similarly to the Beowolf masks and cores he saw earlier. 

Moving onto the rest of the System he began analyzing the System Forge where he could create and upgrade equipment, items, and weapons. All that it required was raw materials and an amount of money based on the power of the weapon or item.