Chapter 26: Foundation

At her honey's request, Hel hit another button on the desk and a couple moments later a knock was heard at the door. Hel quickly responded with 'enter' and a large, one-armed figure politely opened the door, and walked into the office with his head bowed. 

It was Junior, and he looked the same as he did the night before, he wore a similar suit without the suit jacket, but instead of it having two long sleeves, the side where his arm was missing was cut in a short sleeve fashion. This cut revealed his freshly bandaged nub where his appendage was previously. "Welcome back Boss and Mistress!" He announced as he bowed to the duo.

Hel just motioned the man to sit, to which he of course obeyed, and walked towards the bloodied chair and sat uncomfortably in it

Hel just motioned the man to sit, to which he of course obeyed, and walked towards the bloodied chair and sat uncomfortably in it. "Boss, Mistress," he began, "what do you need from me?" He asked as he looked up at the two figures in red.

Hel diverted Junior's gaze towards the Reaper, to which he began with, "I Need To Know Where Roman Torchwick Is Located. Or At Least When He Plans On Making His Next Move. Do You Know Anything?"

The large man tensed slightly as he heard his Boss's voice, but he remained composed and answered the man's question. "Of course, after our conversation yesterday I looked into both Cinder and Roman. I wasn't able to find much, but after just a day of questioning around his usual hangouts and the like, I did find out that Roman is still in Vale." 

"He's been mostly a ghost though, only showing up to collect on debts and stuff like that. If I had to guess he's more than likely planning something big, or at least something bigger than usual. I apologize for not knowing any specifics, but I'll keep looking into it."

"There's No Need For An Apology Junior, Keep Going" the Reaper said.

"Yes sir, uhm the Cinder Fall person that you told me about yesterday has been moving around in the city a lot. Apparently, she was looking for partnerships, allies, henchmen, and things like that a while ago, but recently she stopped. Most of the underground assumed that she found what she was looking for, so she just stopped all together. Since then, she's been quiet, not making many moves in the city." 

"The only other thing I found out about her was that she is often seen with her two other people, a darker skinned, mint green haired chick, and a pale guy with gray hair. From what I gathered yesterday and using context clues from our conversation, I'm guessing that you believe that Cinder Fall and Roman are working together, and based on them both being quiet, it seems that that may be the case." As Junior finished his debrief, his boss stared at him for a moment, and his nervousness rose. "B-b-boss, is there something wrong?" He asked nervously.

For a moment, the masked man continued to stare at Junior, before he began speaking, "Nothing Is Wrong. I Am Simply Admiring How Much You Seem To Impress Me. In A Single Day, You Were Able To Not Only Gather Enough Information To Confirm My Suspicions Regarding Cinder And Roman, But Also Figure Out My Thoughts On The Subject As Well. I Believe I May Have Been A Little Too Harsh Towards You Junior. I Apologize It."