Chapter 78: Running Out Of Time

"Demonic Speed (Super Sonic), Empowered By Wind, Air Walk" as the sudden boost of speed accompanied his body once more, (Y/N) nearly soundlessly stepped on his platform of solidified air. Shooting his way across the smoldering vacant desert with extreme speed.

He had been running for what felt like years, but in reality, it could have been minutes

He had been running for what felt like years, but in reality, it could have been minutes. His acute senses that were once so active now took a back seat to the chaos that reigned supreme within his mind. Though he ran faster than he had ever ran in his entire life, somehow someway it was still too slow, but still he ran.

The sun had risen high above, and the vacant desert revealed absolutely nothing to him but golden grains of sand, strange creatures indigenous to this land, and the wavy heat radiating across the horizon that the Awakened One stared at impatiently. It only worked to remind him of how far he was away from his objective. Finding what, or who rather, he was looking for.

Fang left the White Fang camp immediately following the information he gathered from one of Adam's lieutenants, Saw Chain. It wasn't as if what the masked man had said was the worst thing in the world, however it was still the catalyst for what brought him to the current situation he found himself in.

It wasn't the information that made him roar in anguish, but the implication of it that forced him into a state of panic. "When I arrived at the camp the central tent was completely empty" the man thought for what felt like the millionth time, replaying the events within his mind to find some sort of clarity on his predicament.

"Chairs were tipped over, water was spilled, and piled up sand had covered the fallen seats and table. No one had been in the room in a while." He stopped for a moment as he recounted the event, taking note that his analysis of the room's state matched the sequence of events that he had finished building in his mind.

"None of their Scrolls worked" he recalled, thinking of when he attempted to contact Adam and his other Lovers that were missing from the camp. "The lieutenant was outside the campgrounds alongside about twenty dead Faunus that came from the DFA. Saw then told me that the White Fang had been attacked by the Desert Faunus Alliance and that after they attacked: Adam, alongside Nix, Neyah, and Blake, went to go chase him down."

After finishing replaying the mental exchange he had with the chainsaw wielder, (Y/N)'s thought was immediately followed by another. "He told me that he wasn't given any orders from Adam, nor did he know where Anaya went!" The sudden thought roused a shout within his mind, causing him to lose control of the Skills he had active in that moment.

One moment he was running at an amazing speed, the next he was tumbling across the desert's heated sand like a skipped stone across water. "Shit!" He howled as he quickly regained his footing in the arid environment. Without wasting another moment, he grit and grinded his fangs together as he growled, "Air Walk!" At his command his skill reactivated, creating his solidified foothold for his top speed to be achieved yet again.