Chapter 58: Act 2

At the summit of the large hill that launched Beacon's best and brightest, the Headmaster and lead Professor of the academy looked over the Emerald Forest with a bit of concern in each of their eyes. 

As Glynda watched a massive elephant Grimm plow through the forest and enter into the large field that coveted the Abandoned Temple, she calmly spoke to the white-haired man beside her. "Were you aware that there was a Goliath in the Emerald Forest?"

The headmaster took a small sip of his coffee before responding with a soft, "no

The headmaster took a small sip of his coffee before responding with a soft, "no. I was not aware."

"How about the hordes of Grimm that seem to be amassing on this year's students?"

"No, I was not aware that this would be happening either." After a moment of pause he continued with, "the Goliath must have been in hiding for quite some time, finally being drawn out from the power of these students' Aura once they entered into the fray. I would assume that the same reasoning is the cause for the Grimm hording atop the students as well."

"That would be the most logical conclusion to draw from the current circumstances" the professor remarked as she tapped away on the large Scroll in her hands. 

"I hope they find a way to deal with the threats fairly quickly." Ozpin raised a small eyebrow at the woman's statement, but not turning away from his view of the forest as he responded.

"Oh really? You are not concerned for your students safety? These kinds of threats are completely unprecedented, and they may be in extreme danger right now." The headmaster asked the questions with a steel face, still calmly looking about the emerald trees.

"Are you assuming that I may want to interfere with the initiation? I would never do something so treacherous. Besides, it is not as if anyone's life is in danger quite yet, so something so extreme isn't necessary."

"I never thought you would Mrs. Goodwitch" he said, taking a quick sip from his cup before continuing. "At least the less capable students have yet to come close to locating the Temple. They should remain completely out of harms way while the others deal with the impending, deathly threat. It looks like some of the other S-Rank students may be getting off easy in this year's Initiation."