Chapter 79: Mistake Driven Turmoil

Atop the clocktower high above the clouds, overlooking the entirety of the Huntsman Academy known as Beacon, a distinguished man of old was rubbing gently his brow as he conversed with a partner of his. The man's boisterous and confident laugh had many times brought great joy in the past, but now it seemed full of exuberant ignorance. "I don't believe your fully comprehending the gravity of the situation old friend" the headmaster stated with a nervous chuckle.

"Hya-hya-hya" the man on the other line laughed heartily, "trust me Ozzy, if there was anyone in Vacuo capable of such a feat, I would have surely heard of them by now" he responded dismissively

"Hya-hya-hya" the man on the other line laughed heartily, "trust me Ozzy, if there was anyone in Vacuo capable of such a feat, I would have surely heard of them by now" he responded dismissively. "Plus, even if there was a single person able to topple an entire academy by their lonesome, you and I both know Shade would be the last Academy to ever fall to such an attack."

The Headmaster of the prestigious Desert Academy continued with, "Shade is filled to the brim with the strongest students imaginable! The best and brightest hardened by the harsh Vacuan Desert! It'll take more than a group of The Big One's rag tag subordinates to bring us to our knees and take our precious artifact."

Ozpin exhaled loudly at the man's comment, exhaustedly replying with, "Theodore," he said before pausing for a moment, "I am trusting you deeply with this information. Alright?"

As the tone of the conversation shifted, the man on the other line of the Scroll responded with a serious, "of course, lay it on me."

After taking a deep breath, Ozpin continued with, "they are already in possession of the Summer Maiden. I've been alerted that it is entirely possible, probable even, that they are using the same power they used to forcefully extract half of the Fall Maiden's power. So, the threat that we are potentially dealing with is a woman with the powers of two combined Maidens."

Theodore went entirely silent for a moment before responding with, "is something like that even possible? I thought all the maidens were fully distinct in nature."

"We don't know for sure; this is entirely new territory after all. The Maidens have all existed completely separated from one another for centuries, having no interaction whatsoever, to prevent something like this from happening in the first place."

"Hmm," Shade's headmaster hummed in thought, "each Maiden can only open a single distinctive Vault, correct? So, I'm inclined to believe that the powers of these individuals cannot be combined in any way. Or at least not without assistance from something like the Aura Transfer Machine. Especially in the case of something so incomplete as a Half-Maiden."

"Though that may entirely be the case, but it is best to assume the worst in a cataclysmic event of this magnitude. Besides, having the ability to absorb a Maiden's power in the first place fully implies a greater power than the ATM (Aura Transfer Machine). Either way, I need to make sure you have your defenses in place and are prepared to defend against a full-on onslaught of the greatest magnitude. Are you now understanding the enormity of the situation?"