Chapter 64: Divided

"It has been more than a week since you've begun preparing for this human woman's arrival" Lilith said matter of factly, not bothering to turn her attention towards the two individuals that arrived behind her. 

The place that they found themselves in was for the most part unfamiliar, an empty abandoned building on the far south side of the industrial district. 

The building didn't look much different from the ones that the Demon Clan had control over, and it seemed to be more spacious than even there largest buildings, but because of how out of the way and isolated the building is (Y/N) guessed it was the reason it remained completely abandoned. 

Although it was similar to the buildings that (Y/N) knew the interior was a quite a bit different.

It was as if the entire interior of the building had been completely renovated, having absolutely nothing inside except for scorch marks from what looked like fire, deep gashes from bladed weapons, and numerous other wounds that appeared to be fro...

It was as if the entire interior of the building had been completely renovated, having absolutely nothing inside except for scorch marks from what looked like fire, deep gashes from bladed weapons, and numerous other wounds that appeared to be from a battle between powerful beings. 

The Basilisk alerted (Y/N) that she would meet with Byakko once more, but she said that she would only do so on her terms, and this building seemed to be those terms. 

The abandoned warehouse was extremely out of the way from everything, having (Y/N) and Byakko travel far passed Hel's Kitchen to arrive at Lilith's chosen location. "Why here, sister!?" Before (Y/N) could even get a greeting out Byakko growled out her question, flashing her fangs as she spoke.

"You know this place Byakko?" As her master asked her the question the angered tiger suddenly turned somber, avoiding meeting her master's eyes in an expression that (Y/N) could only recognize as guilt

"Sorry Master" she responded, giving no context to her response.

"Sorry for what?" he thought.

But the question that he didn't vocalize wasn't answered, instead he was greeted with Lilith's enthralling antagonistic tone of voice as she continued speaking as if Byakko didn't speak at all. 

"Eight days of time focused entirely on a human woman that may or may not arrive and also may or may not assist you in your goal in 'bettering the future' of Remnant. Is that right My King? This is your goal is it not?"