Chapter 21: Thief in The Night

The Grimm Reaper and his companion leaped from the edge of the building and landed softly against the ground. The streets were dark, and quiet, only being lit by the dim streetlights that lined the street. The only sounds that could be heard were the echoing foots steps of the ever-approaching Reaper and the demonic beasts that accompanied him. 

As the duo continued to walk down the empty street, they looked around and recognized the desolate buildings with all of their lights turned black, however along the long street there were a few stores with dim lights shining from there interiors. It was these stores that The Reaper and his pet came to claim, and they wasted no time in doing so.

 It was these stores that The Reaper and his pet came to claim, and they wasted no time in doing so

As they slowly approached the first Dust shop, they came across, (Y/N) took hold of Scylla's long black tail and in a silent red streak, he entered the lit store

As they slowly approached the first Dust shop, they came across, (Y/N) took hold of Scylla's long black tail and in a silent red streak, he entered the lit store. Peeking out from the back was an old man, short in stature, with grey hair that was caused by aging. 

He watched, frighteningly, as the manifestation of his fears inexplicably teleported into his shop that he had worked so hard to build up. His mind went blank with fear, and he could only watch as the demonic figure stared holes into his soul through his masked face. 

The man took one large gulp, and willed his body to take a single, nervous, fearful, shaky step out from his hiding place. After his first step, he couldn't make another move out of fear of getting too close to the deadly entity, so instead he chose to stand back and begin the exchange.

"I-I-did a-as you-a-asked, Mr. Grimm Reaper Sir." After his first words, he took a moment to calm himself before beginning again. "All of the Dust that you requested is in those crates stacked in front of the store. Please take whatever you want, just don't hurt me or my establishment." 

The Reaper slowly tilted his head sideways creepily, which frightened the old man to the core. He quickly searched his mind for what he did wrong, and he quickly found his mistake and apologized for it. "I-I am so sorry Mr. Grimm Reaper! I meant to say your Dust is in those crates, they all belong to you! Please forgive my blunder!"

The Reapers head titled from right to left and he quietly spoke his first words of the exchange, "Value."

"Huh?"