Chapter 77: To Protect

As the Javelin wielder watched the icy blue Aura bullet eject from the woman's weapon, it was swiftly dodge by the man as he slid to the side using the sand to his own advantage. He then immediately threw another of his spear tipped weapons back in her direction. But just as he dodged her attack before, she dodged his by an even wider margin.

This quick interaction resulted in Nix's advantage, bringing her another opportunity to fire off more shots to throw the man off his guard, and this opportunity came to pass almost immediately. The increased rate at which Nix shot without answer left the man in a situation that he could not overcome at a range, so naturally he attempted to counter.

In a moment of freedom from the masked woman's onslaught, the man reached underneath his skull apparel and pulled out a small white ball that he immediately tossed against the ground. The moment the ball clashed with the sand a massive ploom of sand and a white dusty substance erupted from the ground, resulting in a massive cloud of smoke that obstructed her entire view of the man. "Where's he going to go?" she asked herself in thought, watching closely for the shifts in direction inside the blinding smog.

However, momentarily, that thought disappeared from her mind as a single javelin flew from the top of the smoke screen, and following that single one came two more, then two more, and then two more, this followed until the sun was quickly blocked ...

However, momentarily, that thought disappeared from her mind as a single javelin flew from the top of the smoke screen, and following that single one came two more, then two more, and then two more, this followed until the sun was quickly blocked out from the rain of weapons falling rapidly from the sky. "Raining Spears?" Each of the Javelins were directed directly at the masked Faunus woman, and as each of them began bulleting towards the ground while slicing through the air at an incredible speed, she was forced to act.

With a swiftness that she wasn't aware she had within herself, as the first javelin approached her form, she found that she moved much faster than before. She felt that putting too much strength in her legs would result in her speeding far past where she was trying to move. As the first javelin was successfully evaded, the next two quickly fell, prompting her to dodge both with even further precision than before, and as the next two closed the distance she felt as though she perfected the control of her own feet.

So, with an eloquent dance of pure flexibility, swiftness, speed, and precision, Nix dodged each of the incoming spear tipped weapons in a way that make even the most professional of huntsman impressed.

No matter how close each of the deadly weapons got to her, not a single javelin could even think for a moment that it would connect with her gorgeous form. "Did I get faster?" Her question relating to her ability was one of importance, but it was one that wouldn't be answered at this moment.

As what seemed like the final javelin raining down from up above was swiftly evaded by the swift woman, Nix was momentarily overcome with a sense of safety, dropping her guard for a second as the question echoed in her mind.

Once her shoulders relaxed and her muscles softened, a rocketing projectile suddenly shot from within the smog of smoke and sand, speeding across the emptied street like a rifling bullet. The attack came fast and suddenly, aiming the sharpened tip of its arrow dynamic body directly at the head of its master's directed target.