Chapter 52: The Summer Tournament

"The Summer Tournament!" The crowd erupted in cheers again, showering the Headmaster in praise at the announcement of the start of the event. The cheers lasted for a while until Glynda tapped The Disciplinarian once more, silencing the crowd again so they can speak again. 

"Thanks again Mrs. Goodwitch. I know we are all excited to see these amazing new students showcase their abilities, but we cannot watch and enjoy these matches without first understanding their purpose in today's world. So, for those of you that do not know, we hold this event annually in order to do more than just entertain." 

"For these bright young students, this is an incredible opportunity to prove their strengths and grow into a higher rank than that they were placed in, but this event if far more than just that. The Summer Tournament is not only meant to showcase the strength of Beacon's incoming class, but it is also to show the determination, the wherewithal, and the bravery of the future Huntsman of Remnant!" 

The cheers from the crowd started up once again, however this time they died down quite fast as they anticipated Glynda's interruption. "Now, let us finish this last bit of information before we finally begin the long-awaited Tourney, I will now give the floor to the Head Professor to alert you all of the rules of the upcoming battles."

Ozpin took a small step back to allow Glynda the spotlight, and as he did so, Glynda uncrossed her arms  and motioned for another screen to be brought up

Ozpin took a small step back to allow Glynda the spotlight, and as he did so, Glynda uncrossed her arms and motioned for another screen to be brought up. As she did so, she began her speech with, "allow me to make this quick since most of you all have been through this before and it's not hard to comprehend. The matches that will be taking place over the course of this weekend will be one on one matches between the incoming freshman of Beacon and as such this is the largest stage they will have been on in their lives." 

"In order to up the intensity of these matches, each of the participants will be subject to environmental changes at random, these changes may vary from something as simple as a breeze to a wild stampede of Grimm or maybe even a Dust powered avalanche, either way the competitors must be on guard at all times if they wish to succeed." 

As Glynda listed the examples of the obstacles, the holograms that broadcasted the event began showing clips and images of the various intense climate changes that the competitors may have to fight through in order to move onwards in the tourney.