Chapter 51: Of The Beginning

Ruby stared wide eyed at the mind-boggling weapons that she and (Y/N) designed over the course of that day and night, she was completely astonished by the simple fact that they had all been assembled using materials unseen in mere moments when normally it would take months to create all that she needed for a weapon. "We freaking did it!" Ruby screamed in excitement, simultaneously wrapping her arms around the Faunus's chest as she shouted with glee.

(Y/N) reciprocated the gesture, hugging the woman tightly around his own chest and softly saying, "yes, we did, but all this was made possible because of your skills

(Y/N) reciprocated the gesture, hugging the woman tightly around his own chest and softly saying, "yes, we did, but all this was made possible because of your skills. Honestly, I didn't have a chance in hell making all these weapons if it wasn't for your help, thanks Ruby" he spoke into the girls ear.

As she heard his words, Ruby's face lit a flame, and a flush red blush uncontrollably creeped its way around her cheeks, neck, and ears. "Uhm-uh n-n-not re-really, uhm yo-you kinda, I mean, really, uhm, you like, h-help a ton!" The red head couldn't control any of her bodily functions, her breath became ragged, her heart pumped a million miles an hour, and her mind seemingly went blank loosing all of its function, but even through all that she didn't let go, nor did she look away from, the man in front of her eyes. 

She simply couldn't, and the more she looked, the more things she felt, and those feelings quickly bubbled to the surface as her mouth began moving uncontrollably as it usually did. "I think that you are like really cool, and I had a great time making weapons with you! You were like, super smart and creative and you listened to me, and you put up with my obsessive tendency when it came to the details, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really liked spending all this time with you! I've honestly never had this much fun making a weapon before, not Proto-Petal, or Rose Attacker, or Red Rider, or Grimm Slicer, or Red Rose, or Proto-Rosemarie, or Rose Petal, not even Crescent Rose! Heck, I don't think I've ever had this much fun doing anything before, and it's not because we were making super cool, uniquely designed, powerful weapons."

It seemed as though Ruby suddenly came to a realization in the middle of her ramblings, and it was during this moment of revelation that the look in Ruby's eyes changed. Her eyes drooped and softened as she leaned a bit closer to the man she clung tightly onto before she took a second to reassure her own thoughts before saying, "I only had this much fun because I was with you. It seems like it's always like this, even in the short time I've been with you everything is just so much fun! Even that one time I accidentally attacked you on purpose the night I saw you in that store front, the fight that we kinda had was really fun and I learned a lot which was dope, and then after that you helped Yang!" 

"That was super nice, I mean your super nice, you told her about her mother, and I've never seen Yang sleep so soundly as she did that first night, she learned about it. I even think that Yang might like you! Yang doesn't like anyone!" Ruby chuckled a bit at that last comment before continuing, "what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I think I was saying all that to say that none of this was possible without you and I wanted to give you the proper credit that you desire! Also," the short erratic woman started to fiddle a bit with her fingers and turned her head to the side, facing away from (Y/N), "I think I might, like you a little bit. Please don't get mad!"