Clues

Chapter 5: Clues

Kan Jian, Liu Sang, Yang Hao, and two other people arrived at the Xie residence late at night. What greets them are serious men talking about something on the monitor.

"You guys are here!" Wang Meng is the first one to notice that they arrived, his shout alerted them of Liu Sang and the others' arrival. Pangzi rose from his seat and welcomed Liu Sang and Kan Jian.

"Zombie. Crybaby. You're here! And you bring others too." Liu Sang avoids Fatty's pat on his shoulder and sits on the empty couch beside Zhang Qiling.

"Idol, how are you?" Liu Sang greets Zhang Qiling, but the latter ignores him and remains silent. Liu Sang didn't care about being ignored and turned to glance at others then nodded as a greeting.

"Aren't you used to it yet?" Kan Jian snickers at the irritated look on Pangzi's face and pats the latter's shoulder then greets the silent Wu Xie.

"Xiao Sanye, I'm here." Wu Xie hummed and nodded toward the new faces.

"Are they?" Kan Jian scratched his neck sheepishly for forgetting and explained.

"Yes, Xiao Sanye. They are retired military soldiers hired by Second Master with my last mission before coming here. Don't worry Xiao Sanye, they are experts in their own field, the one with black hair is Shen Xi and the other with silver-white hair is his brother, Shen Li. We might need their expertise later." Xiao Hua raises an eyebrow at that and glances at his brother. Xing Yao nodded and typed on his computer. The others except for Hei Xiazi and Zhang Qiling remain oblivious to the duo's silent conversation.

Wu Xie didn't ask more and faced all of them.

"Since you are all here, then let's start." Xing Yao turned one of his computers towards the others and started talking.

"Based on the pictures of the scene, there are seven different footprints inside the apartment that night, all of them are male ranging from 175 to 180 cm in height. Six of them were fighting using guns and daggers while one was unconscious based on the marks of fighting in the house. The blood of those five men in the scene was sent to an institute for testing and no one matched which further proves that the identity of those men is either foreigners or people secretly cultivated by some organization. That box contains what our people think were the things that they left behind after the fight." It was silent for a moment as the people inside the room were thinking, then one by one, everyone watched as the others pointed out their suspicions.

"That's wrong. Only six of them exited the building that night. As for the other person, I wonder why he was there."

"Could it be Sanye?" Wu Xie shakes his head no. "It couldn't be him. Based on his age, strength, and skills, he wouldn't be able to fight men at their forte, what more there are five of them." Wang Meng nodded in understanding.

"It makes sense, though it's strange that no one in that building heard or even reported anything." Liu Sang pointed out. The others also have confused faces.

"And five of them are in a group, so aside from Li Cu who fainted, someone else was fighting one versus five?"

"It seems like someone wants to prevent those people from taking Li Cu away but failed. Wu Xie, do you know who would do this?" Xing Yao asked.

"No idea... but there is one more way to find out more clues." Wu Xie turned to Xiao Hua and asked, "Did they bring back what I asked for?"

"Yes. It is in that box."

"Thanks." Wu Xie opened the box and brought out a round clock. He walks back to his seat and sits then starts dismantling the clock using a dagger.

"Pangye, what is my boss doing?" Kan Jian asked Fatty. He shook his head and watched for a while.

"Boss Wu, why are you dismantling that clock?" The silent Su Wan suddenly asked, nervously gulping when the others looked at him.

"I'm looking for something... found it!" Hei Xiazi teasingly looks at Wuxie when he sees the object and opens his mouth.

"It's a hidden camera? Xiao Sanye, do you like these things too?" Wu Xie, Ah Yao, and Xie Yuchen collectively glare at Hei Xiazi, who awkwardly laughs.

"Hehe. I'll shut up, shut up." He raises his hand in surrender and zips his mouth.

Wu Xie gave the camera to Ah Yao to look at what was inside. They chose the record five days ago at midnight.

Li Cu walked out of his room looking disoriented towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He took a bottle of water and drank all its content then threw the bottle in the trash.

Suddenly, someone kicked the door open and five men entered the apartment. Li Cu heard the noise so he ducked into the kitchen table, not making any sound. The five men look around the house and all the rooms and don't find what they are looking for, so they assemble in the living room and talk for a while.

Li Cu didn't relax for a while and tried to minimize the sound of his breathing but knocked something producing a loud noise in the quiet night. One man in the group, with a long scar on his face, heard it so he walked to the kitchen and found Li Cu. The man shouted to others as he fought with Li Cu. In the end, the man knocks Li Cu unconscious. One man who has a big build wants to pick up the unconscious kid when the kitchen window opens and a person in a black robe jumps inside and throws a dagger toward the big man's hand.

The man screamed in pain and held his injured arms while the other four took out their guns and fired at the mysterious person. The one being fired dodged the bullets and both hands threw daggers at two men while running towards the last two men still firing the gun. All men became angry and started close combat against the person in the black robe.