A friend's Disciple

Chapter 41: A Friend's Disciple

"This kid really." Hei Yanjing shook his head at Xiao Tang's liveliness and turned off the walkie-talkie.

"You guys are close?" Wu Xie asked, eyes full of curiosity. Hei Yanjing has always been someone who worked alone before they met him. Something they have noticed before. It seems like, aside from his identity as a mercenary, they have no idea of what he really is. Even the mansion they stayed at was only known on the day we arrived.

"Yeah. He can be considered as my half-disciple." Hei Yanjing said. It can be said to be true since Xiao Tang's master is close to him.

"Then invite him when we get back to Hangzhou or Changsha." Xie Yuchen said after hearing this. It is a good chance to meet some people in Hei Yanjing's life that they never knew of.

"Are you sure? I'll tell you, that kid," Hei Yanjing looked at their face intently, "is Pangzi's personality three times." It was not an exaggeration. Out of all the talented kids under his friend, Xiao Tang is mischievous and naughty. A perfect example of a headache.

"That sounds like chaos." Li Cu said in a low tone but the others heard it anyway.

"I think it's not a bad idea. Besides, he is the same age as Li Cu and the two kids." Li Cu remained silent after hearing these from Wu Xie. He'll just let Wu Xie decide. Anyways, it doesn't matter. He'll just see if that person is not as unbearable as it sounds from Hei Ye's mouth.

Wu Xie doesn't think it's bad. He looked at the serious Li Cu beside him and thought that it was okay. Li Cu has always only had Su Wan and Yang Hao beside him, having Xiao Tang shouldn't be that bad, right?

Wu Xie did not know, that his future self would likely to regret thinking like that when he looked back at the past after seeing all the works of Li Cu and Xiao Tang, together with Su Wan and Yang Hao, which caused him a massive headache.

"We are here." Hei Yanjing announced to the people in the back seat. The trio looked outside the window and saw what looked like a warehouse in front of them. The car stopped moving and someone guarding the warehouse gate walked toward their car before knocking on the passenger's seat.

"It's me." Hei Yanjing opened his car window and greeted the guard. The guard seemed to recognize him and nodded before walking towards the gate.

After a few seconds, the gate of the warehouse opened and their car drove inside before stopping in the middle. All of them got out of the car and looked around to observe the place. From the outside, it seems that the warehouse is estimated to be 5,000 square meters, and a height of 15 meters while the inside is only 2,000 square meters. He suspects that the other space can be accessed somewhere hidden. It was dim inside, with few lightbulbs open. It was surprisingly clean and tidy and oddly bare. Only a few chairs, tables, and boxes are in the corner of the room.

An old man was sitting on one of the chairs in the corner and looked up when the door opened. He smiled at seeing the one leading the group and immediately set aside his work.

"Second Master. You are here." He said cheerfully after stopping in front of Hei Yanjing before nodding at the people behind him.

"Old Li. Did you find anything?" Old Li turned serious and started reporting the clues he found out when checking last night.

"Last night, I let some of our men check the warehouses near this port. Luckily, we found suspicious men in a warehouse near this place." Hei Yanjing nodded after hearing this. It's good that a place is found, so they won't have to find it by themselves.

"Did you check who those people are?" He asked.

"Still no specific information. They seem to be from an anonymous organization." Old Li shook his head no. It's a pity, he never had the chance to find who those people were before his master arrived. Hei Yanjing let Old Li go back to his position and turned to his other companions.

"Wait, you think those are the people who took Pangzi?" Wu Xie asked the moment Hei Yanjing turned around. He was frowning while looking at Hei Yanjing with thoughtful eyes.

"Not sure. We have to see the clues of the other group when they get here, and what exactly those people are doing in that warehouse." Hei Yanjing was only uncertain, but based on the fact that the port near here was where Pangzi disappeared, there is a high chance the people in those warehouses are the kidnappers.

"But the others will arrive in two hours at most?" Wu Xie said uncertainty. They don't have much time to wait since they don't know Pangzi's condition. Further delay might have an effect on his friend.

"I know. Time is a little tight. So for now, I'll send someone to scout that place." Hei Yanjing said while looking at the watch his Hua'er gave him as a gift.

"That's dangerous. Who will you send?" Hei Yanjing looked at his other companions and stopped at the red-haired man, who was playing with his phone.

"Xiao Tang, come here!" He said after thinking for a second. Xiao Tang was an excellent scout of their team. Fast and agile, plus he can easily escape if anything bad happens.

Xiao Tang immediately stood up from his seat at the corner and put away his phone before walking towards their side, standing beside Hei Yanjing.

"I'll send you out to scout a place near here. Can you do it?" Xiao Tang nodded with a bubbly face and the mischievous glint in his eyes can't be hidden.

"Yes, Second Uncle!" Hei Yanjing knows what this kid is up to after seeing his eyes but he lets him be. Anyways, as long as Xiao Tang finished his mission.

"Go to Old Li for the information." Xiao Tang only nodded and left toward Old Li, but not before nodding at Xie Yuchen, Wu Xie, and Li Cu. The three of them looked at Xiao Tang's back before looking at Hei Yanjing.

"Are you sure it's okay to send him?" Xie Yuchen said with uncertainty. Although he doesn't underestimate Xiao Tang, he was kind of worried for the young man.

"He?" Hei Yanjing pointed at Xiao Tang, who was talking to Old Li, before looking back at them with a nonchalant smile. "Don't worry about him. He'll be fine."

'After all, the people who trained under her are all elite, capable enough to make enemies worried.'

The others only nodded after seeing that he is really not worried about the young man. Wu Xie felt silly for worrying about that kid. From Hei Yanjing's reaction, Xiao Tang must have the ability to go back safely. He was about to find a place to rest when he stopped his movement and looked back at Hei Yanjing.

"Why is he calling you Second Uncle though?" Xie Yuchen and Li Cu heard this and were immediately interested. As far as they remember, two people have either been calling him second master or second uncle.

"What's the deal with that?" Xie Yuchen pushed him to talk after seeing him unsure of what to say. It's not every day that the great Hei Xiazi was stumped by a question.

"Oh! That..." Hei Yanjing said slowly while thinking of what to say. 'It's not like he can tell them that I...'

"Hmm?" Xie Yuchen hummed after seeing that Hei Yanjing paused in his talk and looked at them sheepishly before replying.

"I don't know?" Xie Yuchen and Wu Xie looked at him with narrowed eyes, even Li Cu looked at Hei Yanjing like he was silly for giving such a clumsy answer.

Hei Yanjing can see their reactions perfectly and know that he must be reduced to silly in their hearts. But he thinks that pretending not to know is better for now. Anyways, all things will become clear to everyone at the right time.

*****

A/N: And I'm back, guys! I do apologize after almost two weeks of no updates, which means I am six chapters behind. That's why I'll be dropping three more chapters after this one today and another three in two days time. So, enjoy! =)