Curiousity

Chapter 20: Curiosity

On the other part of the island...

Lei Ming and Xue Lei entered the study and walked in front of the busy figure. Seeing her busy with documents, they decided to stand in wait until she put down the pen before giving her their greetings.

"Master." She nodded at the two while pinching her temple before asking for the result. There have been a lot of things to settle lately and she doesn't have time to take a rest.

"How is the test?" Xue Lei looks worriedly at his master before giving the document he was holding to his master and briefs the results as she takes a look at it.

"Out of two thousand, only thirty percent passed the test. One hundred thirty-four of them passed the special test while the remaining number ranged from normal to passing." She hummed and the two noticed her satisfaction.

"That's an increase from the last test." Xue Lei smiled and Lei Ming almost rolled his eyes as he watched him flatter their master as always.

"The new technique Master has approved helped the trainees to achieve higher than the last test." Their master just laughed lowly hearing this and put the file aside.

"Your flattery skills are improving. Not bad." She said with a smile at her youngest disciple before turning serious.

"I reviewed it, there is no problem. Remember to orient the new blood properly." She gave them a serious pointed look, to which they understood as the two immediately saluted loudly.

"Yes, Master!" She waved her hand and opened a drawer on her left side then took something from it.

"Old rules. Take a routine inspection and choose ten from those who pass the special test. Also, make sure to welcome the new applicants properly." She gave them a few other tasks and gave a file to Lei Ming.

"This is?" He took the file and looked at her after seeing it was a name list.

"Take that to Little Eight on the mainland." Lei Ming immediately understood and saluted.

"Guarantee to finish the task!"

"Good." She smiled in satisfaction and took her pen to start writing something again while pointing at the seat in front of her table. The two understood and sat down, Xue Lei relaxed and immediately leaned on the desk then glanced at their master.

"Master, I heard someone will visit your outside zoo garden?" Her hand holding the pen paused for a moment, then continued scribbling as if it didn't happen.

"Yeah." Lei Ming noticed and turned to look at the ignorant person in front of him helplessly. He wants to stop this little brat from talking using signals but the man only looks in their master's way with a pout.

"Then, can I come there too?" Xue Lei asked while leaning his head where his master could see, making his eyes bigger, intending to act cute just so he could go. It was actually funny seeing a cute expression on a grown-up man but it did not destroy his charms.

"You want to?" Xue Lei nodded his head like a chicken pecking his food causing her to laugh inside.

"No." She watched as his happy face turned to pout in dissatisfaction as he failed to get permission and sat down straight with arms crossed on his chest childishly.

"Master, you let the fourth brother go. Why can't I?" She didn't look at his face to know what he looks like and sighs while pointing out what he forgot.

"He'll need to face them sooner or later. As for you, they saw you in Beijing last time." Xue Lei pouted when he remembered that he indeed was with their Master when visiting Beijing. He even acts cool in front of the others. Lei Ming noticed his pouting and chuckled at the Ninth master.