News

Chapter 7: News

Wu Xie felt a pat on his face causing him to wake up in a daze, eyes half-open.

"Pangzi, let me sleep, will you?" Wu Xie turns his back towards him, closing his eyes to sleep again after not hearing any reply from Pangzi.

A moment later, when he was nearly asleep, a hand patted his back again which caused him to aggressively turn toward that person who wouldn't let him sleep.

He looked at the smiling Zhang Qiling in front of him, then blinked.

"Xiaoge, it's you." Zhang Qiling hums, still smiling while looking at the male dodging his eyes. Both males didn't move for a while, one looking at the shy person and one dodging the smiling eyes of the older male...

"Tianzhen! Xiaoge! What took you so long? Come down for breakfast!" A shout from the hallway came, breaking the moment. Wu Xie runs out of bed to the bathroom to refresh himself.

After taking a bath, he walked out thinking Zhang Qiling is not in the room anymore but he saw the male lying on his bed with his eyes closed. Zhang Qiling opens his eyes the moment the younger male walks out of the bathroom and stands up to leave the room with Wu Xie following.

The others are already at the dining table waiting for the two. Fatty Wang waves his hand towards the two seats beside him. Wu Xie and Zhang Qiling walk over and sit down, signaling the start of the meal. The sound of utensils sounded in the silent hall.

"I let someone investigate the Wang clan, but the results show the same information as before." Xiao Hua started, taking a bite of braised pork.

"It seems like this clan is more hidden than we know." Liu Sang voiced.

"Is there anyone who can possibly know about this?" Wang Meng asked.

"In the old generation of Mystic Nine, probably only one person knows more secrets most people don't know about." Xie Yuchen suggested.

"Aya! I'll tell you, ah. There's only one place we can find him, and that's Xin Yue Restaurant. Sadly, me, Tianzhen, and Xiaoge are on the blacklist of that place."

"That's because of how much damage you caused that time, including breaking the rules of the restaurant." Xie Xing Yao laughed, finding it amusing.

"Well! It's what we are best at, you know?" Pangzi rebutted. The conversation paused for a while then Wu Xie felt his phone vibrate. He took it out and looked at the text he received.

"I just texted Zhang Rishan a while ago and he just replied saying three days later, Xin Yue Restaurant has an annual exclusive auction, so let's get ready for it. Me, Xiao Hua, Hei Ye, Xiao ge, and Pangzi will come." Wu Xie announced.

"So fast?" Pangzi was amused at the kids. "Or else?" The duo, Su Wan and Yang Hao, were amazed in their hearts. Wu Xie shook his head at his friend teasing the kids and continued with his talk.

"The rest of you, stay here and introduce yourself to Xiao Man Ge." He then turns to his cousin.

"Xiao Hua, the flight tickets?" Xie Yuchen nodded, "I'll take care of it, don't worry."

When they finished breakfast, Wu Xie bid goodbye as he, Pangzi, and Xiaoge left, leaving behind two confused and nervous kids along with other confused adults.

Su Wan and Yang Hao look at each other and swallow nervously, then look at Hei Xiazi for an answer. Wang Meng looks at the two, wanting to tease these overly nervous kids.

"You'll know Xiao Man Ge when he arrives."

-----

Xin Yue Hotel.

Zhang Rishan put the phone in his coat's pocket after deleting the conversation with Wu Xie and entered the door to an office.

"What's the matter?" Zhang Rishan unclasped the button of his suit and sat down at the prepared seat.

"I won't beat around the bush. Three days later, there will be an annual auction here in Xin Yue." Yin Nanfeng sips some tea from her cup and puts it back on the table.

"I know this already. Is something different this time?" Zhang Rishan looks at her, inquiring.

"Someone important is coming." Rishan raised his eyebrow, intrigued by the sudden information.

"Oh? Which one?" Yin Nanfeng sighs deeply and then mutters, "Bai."

"What did you say?" A bang on the table sounded when Zhang Rishan suddenly rose from his seat. The table moved, causing the tea to splatter but both people didn't bother minding.

"I know. I thought, like before, she will send someone to reject the invitation. I never thought she would agree." A rare panic showed on her face, and also a hint of anticipation like she was looking forward to seeing this person.

Zhang Rishan calmed down and sat down. He looked at Yin Nanfeng and asked in a serious voice.

"This time, what item are you auctioning? Is there something unique?" Yin Nanfeng thought back on the rare, unique, and even mysterious item on the list. She shakes her head no. No matter what item there is on the list, she doesn't think any of it is worthy and will pique her interest.

"No matter what it is, we'll have to prepare for her arrival. I'll go now and look for something to greet her. We know her rules, I expect your people to know it too." Zhang Rishan reminded her, then stood up, clasped the button of his suit, and walked outside the room almost in a hurry.

"Right! How can I forget." She doesn't stop him, and also walks out of the room in a hurry, almost destroying her image of always maintaining a calm temperament towards everything in her subordinates' minds.

----

Zhang Rishan remembers the conversation with Wu Xie but by then he was already miles away from the restaurant. It's not his style to forget things but he would this time knowing he can meet someone connected to Fo Ye again...

He opens his phone and dials a number then talks about business for a while. The moment the phone was hung up, he immediately dialed another number and waited for the other person to answer the call.

"Hello?" A female voice with obvious joy answered, "Did you miss me?" Zhang Rishan could not help but relax and smile softly.

"If I told you I do, would you believe me?" A burst of laughter sounded from the device, showing happiness to his answer. After a while, the laughter stopped.

"Okay, stop. What is it?" Liang Wan asked after laughing.

"Three days later, are you free?" Zhang Rishan can imagine her face at the end of the line. Smiling to herself, thinking of romantic things.

"Are you taking me on a date?"

"No." He shook his head no, even if the other can't see it.

"Then what is it?" Her voice has anticipation in it.

"There's an event in Xin Yue hotel that day. Also if there's a chance, I'll let you meet someone."

"Oh? Isn't it late for meeting elders and such in our relationship? Is it a friend?" Zhang Rishan chuckled.

"You'll know that day."

"Okay! I won't ask this time. I'm free— 'Dr. Liang, the next patient is here.' –Oops! Duty calls. Call you back later, okay?" The line ended, leaving a smiling Lieutenant Zhang.