Connected Dreams

Chapter 16: Connected Dreams

Wu Xie glanced around the messy place and had a feeling of looking for someone. He turned around when he heard a vague voice nearby. He walked down the hill and hid in the tall grass. He moved the grass to have a clear look at the surroundings and saw people wearing red robes fighting using spears and bows. He looks at the enemy's group, only to see a female wearing purple waving a purple whip. She looks like she had an advantage, fighting with ease. Another familiar man in black watches outside the battle. His back was straight with a sword in his hand.

Wu Xie suddenly felt familiar, like he had seen these two people before, causing him to be absent-minded in his surroundings. Due to his inattentiveness, a person walks slowly behind him. Wu Xie felt a cold thing on his neck.

"Don't move!" A rough voice sounded from behind him, the man laughed with his hoarse voice and shouted from a distance.

"Head! I found someone!" Wu Xie was roughly hauled by the barbaric man towards the battlefield. The man tried to make him turn to kneel down to the leader, He tried to struggle but the man kicked his leg causing him to kneel down in pain.

"Look who we have here." The leader turns to look at the female, only to be greeted by a whip on the face. The person in black runs towards Wu Xie and embraces him, using his sword to deflect the incoming arrow.

Wu Xie felt embraced by someone, and the feeling of familiarity grew stronger. The smell of medicine engulfed him, and the fragrance calmed him down. He turned to look at the face of his savior but didn't see the face when he felt someone pat his face.

Wu Xie opened his eyes only to be greeted by Pangzi's face. He was startled and shouted then rolled to the other side only to fall down from the bed.

"Si Pangzi! What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to wake you up. What's the matter with you and Xiaoge?"

"What do you mean?" Wu Xie stood up from the ground and looked at Pangzi, confused.

"You've been sleeping for one and a half days, and Xiaoge too. We thought something happened to both of you. Tell me, can we not be worried?"

"I've been sleeping that long?" Wu Xie immediately showed a look of surprise. He felt like he was only taking a nap. Fatty nodded.

"Right, about Xiaoge. I don't know if he is awake—"

"Pangye! Xiaoge woke up— Oh, Boss. You are awake too!" Pangzi looked at the excited Wang Meng and the figure behind him.

"Xiaoge! You are awake." The silent man nodded at Pangzi and looked at Wu Xie. The two men stare at each other and Pangzi feels a familiar atmosphere. He watched as Zhang Qiling sat beside Wu Xie, still looking at each other. He turned his head and looked at the ignorant Wang Meng.

"I forgot to eat my breakfast. Wang Meng, let's go." Wang Meng blinked at Pangzi, ignorantly.

"Pangye, it's near dinner."

"So what if it's dinner? Does that mean I can't have snacks? Don't be like that Wang Meng." He grabs Wang Meng's arm and drags him outside. When they were outside, he shook his head at Wang Meng and whispered to him.

"Can't you see they are having their moments? You can't read the atmosphere? I almost got blinded."

"What do you mean, Pangye? It feels fine." Pangzi looked at clueless Wang Meng like he just understood something. Wang Meng felt Pangzi's stares and looked back.

"No wonder you are still single." Pangzi finally left those words behind, leaving Wang Meng astonished.

"Mr. Fatty! What do you mean by that? Hey!" Wang Meng hurriedly runs after Pangzi, who is laughing loudly at a distance...

-----

The room fell silent the moment the two left. Wu Xie and Zhang Qiling looked at each other, then the former tried to ask the latter.

"Xiaoge, did you dream about something too?" Zhang Qiling hum as an answer.

"Then, is it someone in purple fighting with a whip?" Nodded.

"That person in black saved me, is it you?" The silent man nodded again.

"This... I don't believe it's a coincidence. Could it be something from your past?"

"But how can I be there? From the outfit, it should be an ancient era. This..." Wu Xie starts mumbling his assumptions.

Zhang Qiling pat Wu Xie's back in comfort. The latter looked at the former, sighed, and shook his head.

"Alright. I shouldn't push myself. Memories or not, we'll find it out."

Wu Xie looked at the clock, it said six o'clock in the evening. He rose from the bed and walked towards the bathroom, taking a refreshing bath. When he came out, Zhang Qiling also finished his bath in his room based on his slightly wet hair. Wu Xie took his towel and approached the taller male, let him sit on his bed, and used the towel to dry Zhang Qiling's hair.

-----

A breeze entered the room from the balcony door, causing the white curtains to move with it. A soft sigh was suddenly heard inside, full of indescribable emotions. The woman sleeping in the center of the bed slowly opened her eyes. A familiar light purple room greeted her sight. She didn't move from her position, while her opened eyes looked upwards, full of nostalgia. She closed her eyes again, lightly sighing because of her dream this time. Unlike the gloomy and dark memories, she likes to wake up from a beautiful dream just like now. She sighs again and stares at nothing, her whispers as small as the sound of the wind.

"If only..." Her whispers move with the wind and disappear before someone else can hear them.

*******

And that's three chapters in one go! It's a special day for me, so I want to share it by updating...

For those whose today is a special day, may you all have the wishes that you wanted 🥰🥰🥰

--> Qin Yi, 🐈‍⬛