Doubts

Chapter 9: Doubts

Wu Xie stopped his talk with Xie Yuchen as the sound of the door opening, caused the group to look in its direction. Zhang Rishan and Liang Wan entered and greeted the people inside the room as they came near the table. Zhang Rishan pulled a seat for Liang Wan and waited for her to settle before taking a seat as well.

"You have something to ask me, is it about Li Cu?" Zhang Rishan started. Wu Xie looked at Rishan and nodded.

"Yes. Li Cu was kidnapped by people who have a tattoo of a phoenix."

"Wang Clan?" Zhang Rishan's attention was piqued and so was Liang Wan.

"We are not sure yet, because this time something is different. Here, a photo was taken from a camera recording." Zhang Rishan reaches for the pictures given by Wang Pangzi and looks at what it is. His finger paused for a moment then returned to normal.

"The color is different." He gives the photo to Liang Wan, who turns to look at it too.

"Right. Their fighting techniques are different too compared to the Wang clan we knew." Zhang Rishan stayed silent and then shook his head no.

"I have lived for so long, and I have never encountered this kind of tattoo. If Fo Ye is still here, he might know something." Zhang Rishan sighs, " Although I am his right-hand man, there are secrets that Fo Ye never told me."

"I'm afraid this trip of yours is for nothing." He added as he looked up and put the pictures on the table.

Wu Xie took a deep sigh in disappointment and looked at the others. Liang Wan can't stop herself from asking questions. And look at the people inside the room, feeling wronged.

"Since when did Li Cu go missing? Why did no one tell me?"

"I'll explain it to you later." Zhang Rishan holds her hand to appease his girlfriend, then turns to Wu Xie and changes to a different topic.

"Lately, there's been a disturbance with the Antique Market." Wu Xie put away the pictures and nodded.

"Yeah. Third Uncle came back, and no one expected it." Zhang Rishan frowned discreetly, but Wu Xie, who paid attention to his face, still noticed.

"Oh?" Wu Xie looks at Zhang Rishan's face, thinking why he was surprised by this news. For someone like Zhang Rishan, he should have first-hand news in the circle.

"You looked surprised. Didn't you hear this?" Wu Xie leaned on the table and put his hand clasped on the table.

"No. It's just..." Zhang Rishan didn't finish and just shook his head, "It's good that he's back."

Hei Yanjing sits up straight and glances at Zhang Rishan. He has been waiting for a moment to ask about someone a while ago.

"The female a while ago... who is she?" Everyone's interest was piqued by that question, interested in the identity of the woman at the hotel's entrance.

"You are interested in her?" Hei Xiazi smirked.

"Very. For a person like you to respect her, we are very interested to know." Zhang Rishan shook his head, and even Liang Wan didn't want to say something when her boyfriend briefed her on the situation.

"I cannot say. There are rules to follow, also you'll know her when she wants to. For now, focus on other important things." Zhang Rishan acted like he didn't give away information and his eyes turned to Zhang Qiling, who was looking at him from beside Wu Xie. He turns his eyes away after a moment.

Xie Yuchen stares at Hei Yanjing curiously. He rarely saw him interested in people, unless he was paid. Hei Yanjing notices Xiao Hua's gaze towards him from the corner of his eyes and turns to smile back, causing Xie Yuchen to look away after being caught peeking.