Flower Mansion

Chapter 34: Flower Mansion

Not long after they left, two unknown vehicles arrived at the scene. A man who looked like a bodyguard exited the passenger seat of the leading car and checked the deformed vehicles at a distance. Seeing the scene, he shook his head and walked towards the second car's back seat before knocking on the tinted window. The car window slides down revealing a man wearing a gray suit complimenting his gray hair, his silver earrings shining in the dim tunnel.

Seeing the person, the bodyguard gave his findings to the man in a respectful tone.

"Fifth Brother, there are no survivors on all cars." Hearing this, Fifth was speechless. He placed a hand on his head, as he felt a sudden headache coming. He really wants to reprimand a certain person for leaving him such a thankless job of cleaning up this mess. Heaving a deep sigh, he waved his subordinate away and closed the car window.

Feeling the vehicle moving, he takes out a phone from his pocket and sends a text message to someone before locking the phone and throwing it aside. This time, he doesn't know what to say. He already promises to bring back someone to interrogate but fails. Now he has to face persistent messages and nagging from that brat.

Remembering something, he took the phone again before dialing a number. He hopes this time, he'll hear a piece of good news from him.

-----

Early evening, the group stopped at the gate of an estate in a remote area. The massive gate gave off a scary aura, which is usually seen from a haunted house. Frowning, Wu Xie turned to Hei Yanjing, who is the owner of the place, and found him taking out his phone before looking back in front, relaxing in his seat while waiting for the gate to open. It should be fine since Hei Yanjing did not say anything.

The others were alarmed when they heard the loud sound of the gate opening without warning. Seeing this, Hei Yanjing laughed lowly at their surprised expression. He did not know that a simple move can scare them like this. Seeing Hua'er sending him a death stare, he wipes his laughing expression before turning serious again.

The car moved inside and the other watched in awe at the contrast between outside and inside the property. If outside, the place looks remote and the gate looks scary, then the inside shows a beautiful scenery of different flower trees beside the pathway. It seems like they entered a different place.

Hei Yanjing watches the awe on Xie Yuchen's face as they travel through the flower path. Smiling as he saw a glimmer of happiness in the eyes of his Hua'er as he surveyed the different flower trees along the way.

"Do you like it?" Hei Yanjing asked Xie Yuchen, who took a moment before answering.

"Yes. I never thought I could see such scenery in this place. How did you make it?" Xie Yuchen turned to Hei Yanjing with a curious gaze. As far as he knows, this placement should not be possible unless it is of the same type of tree. But as they can see, it's not the same.

"I know of an expert." Hei Yanjing said before winking at him. Shaking his head, he turned back to look outside the window and continued looking at the passing scenery.

Soon after, the vehicle left the flower tree area and arrived at a wide lawn. A mansion can be seen and the group is more in awe at seeing the simple yet elegant style mansion from a distance. Turning to Hei Yanjing, Wu Xie flashes him a look of disbelief.

"Never thought you were a rich guy. By the way that you act in the past, you seem like a homeless guy full of debts." The others laugh at Wu Xie's statement and cannot help but nod in agreement. Hei Yanjing's money-grubbing image is imprinted in their minds. They never expected that he is actually a noble son pretending to be a commoner.