Spontaneous Trip

Chapter 17: Spontaneous Trip

The duo walks to the dining room full of people. Wang Pangzi gave the two a teasing smile and Wu Xie glared at his friend as he wanted to wipe that expression out of Pangzi's face.

Wu Nai Nai saw the two arrived and asked them to sit immediately.

"I don't know how tired your body is, causing you to fall asleep for too long. You, youngsters, should take care of your health." Wu Xie smiled as he listened to his grandma's lecture and picked up the chopsticks. He was surprised at the hand that put a bowl of soup in front of him and turned to the owner of the hand. It was his second uncle, who glanced briefly at his nephew and turned back to his own food.

"The doctor said you have signs of fatigue. Eat more." Wu Xie nodded and took a sip, then looked around at the people eating. He asked the others when he found three people missing.

"Where are the kids?" Pangzi answered him after putting a bowl of soup for Zhang Qiling.

"YaLi still can't get out of bed due to weakness. The two kids are eating with him in his room." He said.

The dining room fell silent for a while, only the sound of utensils could be heard until everyone finished eating. Wu Sanxing notices everybody is done and turns to ask everybody.

"What are your plans after?" Wu Xie took a faint glance at his third uncle's way and poured himself a cup of tea for digestion.

"Since we are here, we'll stay for a while. The kidnapping matter is still not investigated, and we still don't know the people behind the scenes." Wu Sanxing nodded and turned to look at his second brother. Wu Erbai almost rolled his eyes and informed the group.

"For safety purposes, I applied for Li Cu and the two kids to attend only the final exam in their school. With his conditions and the situation that we have, if one of them happens to be in another kidnapping, they won't be able to take it, especially Li Cu's body." Wu Xie supported his second uncle, with what is happening at the moment, it is indeed a priority for the kids to be safe.

"Then we'll do as you say."

"Right. When Li Cu is fine. We'll go on an outing." Wu Sanxing suddenly said, causing the group's surprise.

"Outing? Out of the blue?" Wu Xie narrowed his eyes on his uncle. He does not believe he was not planning something.

"Can't we?" Wu Sanxing ignored his nephew's inquiring eyes and continued eating.

The others look at each other. They don't know what kind of medicine the third uncle is selling on his gourd. Wu Sanxing saw their reactions and clapped his hands.

"No opinions? Then it's decided."

The others looked at each other in helplessness but did not answer. Their silence showed tacit agreement at his words, causing Wu Sanxing to beam.

---

Three days later. Unknown Island.

The group arrived at a small island by yacht in an awfully secretive way of traveling. They were blindfolded when they arrived at the airport and drove for three long hours, then they were only able to see when they were far from the land.

Everything was worth the hassle as they saw the beauty of the place. The others smiled and shook their heads as the kids excitedly jumped down the dock and ran towards the house. The group saw a two-story house located near the shore, with a forest behind it. Walking inside, they are greeted by a traditional living room with a hint of a modern design with a kitchen and a bedroom, which is decided as Wu Nai Nai's bedroom.

Wu Xie looked around the first floor and walked upstairs. He found a room he was satisfied with and placed his belongings inside then he changed his clothes. Zhang Qiling took the room to the right and entered that room to change his clothes. Wu Xie walked out and saw Zhang Qiling waiting, who was wearing different clothes, but it was still the same color black.

"Let's go, Xiaoge." Zhang Qiling nodded and followed him.

They walked downstairs and found no one in the living room. Walking outside, they saw the others sitting on the bench under a parasol near the shore. The two walked towards them and Wu Xie sat down on an empty seat, taking a glass of orange juice from the small table beside him. He looked around and saw his uncles and grandma enjoying their tea, and shook his head with a smile, then raised his hand to stretch and look at where the others were.

Wu Sanxing smiled when he noticed his nephew and his shadow sat down. Wu Xie saw his look and sigh helplessly.

"I can't believe I agree with this." He took the orange juice again and took a sip. Such a pleasure it is drinking something cool in warm weather. He took a glass and gave it to Zhang Qiling beside him, who took it with a look.

"Dear nephew, since you are already here, just enjoy it." Wu Sanxing watched their interaction with interest while conversing with his nephew.

"That's right, Tianzhen. Look! This place is really perfect for you and Xiaoge." Pangzi suddenly appeared in front of them and immediately ran towards the water after saying that. Wu Xie widens his eyes in disbelief and puts the drink he was holding down, pointing at the sleeping Li Cu beside Zhang Qiling, before immediately running after Fatty.

"Stupid Pangzi! What are you saying?" He shouted while throwing himself at Pangzi, who only laughed at him.

Zhang Qiling watched from his seat as the two ran after each other, laughing as they splashed water against the other. He then looked at Li Cu, who was taking a nap beside him, probably because of the long journey. He made sure he did not notice any discomfort before he looked back at Wu Xie and Fatty Wang again.

Two figures blocked his sight of his friend and Zhang Qiling looked at their faces only to see Su Wan and Yang Hao run after each other in front of him and tackled each other to the ground over something Yang Hao was holding. They were panting while fighting for it after a while and decided to just play in the sand.

A figure moves in front of them. Zhang Qiling only gave a brief glance seeing Bai She walked to where Wu Erbai, Wu Sanxing, and Wu Nai Nai were sitting under the parasol watching the others having fun and bringing a pot of tea and a pitcher of cold drink, then walked back towards the other group.

Bai She sat down beside the Shen brothers, Liu San, Kan Jian, Xing Yao, and Wang Meng, who were sitting on the other side of Zhang Qiling. The group is also watching the kids and then decides to join the two fighting in the water after a while.

Noisy laughter and talking can be heard on the island as if they are temporarily forgetting the problems the group will have to face when they have to go back.