Dramatic Tang Lixin

Chapter 68: Dramatic Tang Lixin

At dawn.

The group wake up on time for a busy day. 

They had a quick breakfast and then proceed to check the equipments one more time before leaving for the mountain. They arrived at the outskirt of village after a few minute of walking. The front of them shows a forest in which they must travel  to before arriving near their destination.

"Stay vigilant while we walk inside the forest. Since it was discovered for days, we might face changes inside."

Wu Sanxing stopped and warned the others to be careful before they start walking inside the forest.

The others listened and walked inside vigilantly. Everyone knew they won't just explore tombs but a possible ambush. So it's best to stay alert to avoid the unexpected.

Wu Sanxing saw them prepare then looked at Hei Xiazi and Zhang Qiling. He rolled his eyes as he saw Hei Xiazi rubbing his three fingers with a smile but still nodded.

Hei Xiazi smiled and hooked his hand around Zhang Qiling's shoulder.

"Let's go Dumb Zhang, let's play in front." 

Zhang Qiling only gave him a look of disgust before walking in front. 

Hei Xiazi had the look of heartbreak but still followed his friend. If not because Wu Sanxing gave him too much, he wouldn't follow such a killjoy in front. He thought dramatically.

As he walked in front, he looked around to observe the surroundings. The whole forest is still damp, indicating that it just rained recently.

Because the soil is wet and soft, the team walked on the path carefully to avoid accidents. They looked around carefully, but thankfully, nothing really happens along the way until one hour later.

The big team stopped near a river for a brief rest. It wasn't usually exhausting for the mercenaries and the team if it's a normal one hour walk but most of them carried heavy equipments and loads, so it's necessary to rest.

They divide by group and sit casually around the area after checking its safety.

Xiao Tang became bored as time goes by. Now that they stopped, he looked around the people and smiled naughtily as he seems to found a target.

Su Wan and Yang Hao was a little breathless after an hour of walking. Compared to the others who are not even out of breath, their physique is a bit bad. It's a good thing they trained before as they would have been a burden in this expedition.

"You lack training." A figure suddenly appeared behind them causing Su Wan to scream in fright. Yang Hao also raised his hands in defense and punched at the figure.

Xiao Tang caught his hand with a mischievous smile. "It's just me." 

After he said that he grimace in pain as someone hit him in the head.

"Who is it? Who dare hit me?" He looked around angrily at everyone who is near him and saw his fourth brother glaring at him. Immediately, Xiao Tang's face changed into flattery.

"Fourth brother, what can I do for you?" Xiu Jingchen looked at his silly looking eight brother and rolled his eyes. 

"Don't scare Second Uncle's disciples. I won't help you if he decided to beat you up." He pointed at the tree where their uncle is and found him waving a knife at them with a ruffian smile.

The red head boy was scared and faced Su Wan and Yang Hao. "Scaring? Who?! Tell me who scared you two and I'll beat him up." He asked indignantly.

Su Wan and Yang Hao looked at each other helplessly before pointing at the boy. 

"You."

"I---" Xiao Tang pointed at himself dramatically before making a crying face, as if he's done with the world. How can he be so scary with such a handsome face? Are they blind?

He looked around and find everyone's focus on them and show disbelief in his face as he hold his heart.

"Tang Lixin, Oh Tang Lixin. No one in this world loves you anymore." The red haired boy cried as he slowly dropped on the ground as if their words leaves him no strength. 

"Someone is actually afraid of this handsome face." He touched his face as he continued. "Where is the justice in the world?"

"Justice is always present to everyone, Xiao Tang." Xiu Jingchen sat down to pat the sad boy gently as if appeasing, but his next words sounds cruel to Xiao Tang. "Sadly right now, you don't deserve it."

Xiao Tang: "..." He really wants to cut off his relationship with this guy. Is this what a human can say?

Su Wan, Yang Hao and everyone else watching: "Pfft!"

Everyone laughed at Xiao Tang, who looked like he wants to spit out blood. The tense atmosphere almost dissolved at seeing him left despondent by his brother.

"Looking at how this kid act, this routine seems a bit familiar. It actually reminds me of someone." Pangzi laughed unkindly before looking at Hei Xiazi near him. 

Regardless of wether it's a compliment or not, Hei Xiazi sit up straight with a narcissistic smile. "Yeah, he got my handsomeness back then and until now." He said proudly.

"Shameless." Liu Sang muttered at the side while Zhang Qiling looked away as if disgusted.

"Isn't it?" Hei Xiazi seems to unreconciled at their reaction. How is people so blind by his naturally charming and handsome face?

Pangzi snorts at his peacock like arrogance. "No, not handsomeness part but I mean being a drama queen."

"Forget it. Even calling him a drama queen is an insult to the word itself." Liu Sang taunted.

Zhang Qiling seems to agree as he nodded at Pangzi's comment, but he seems to agree at Liu Sang's words too.

"See? Xiaoge agreed with me and Sangsang." Pangzi saw Zhang Qiling's nod and said proudly.

"Dumb Zhang, you---" Hei Xiazi pointed at Zhang Qiling with exasperation but still helpless put it down. He can't win a fight against the guy and he might even end up beaten by someone if he dared. 

Thinking about it, Hei Xiazi felt aggrieved. He doesn't remember how many unfair treatment he faced due to Zhang Qiling. Why did I even consider that guy as a friend?

"Mute Zhang, you're not like this before. Is it because you hate the old and love the new so you treat me like this?"

Pangzi and the others felt goosebumps rising on its ends by Hei Xiazi's words. "Stop being disgusting, Hei Ye!"

"Don't pollute my idol's ears with your words."

"That can be arranged. How about five thousand?" Hei Xiazi immediately changed his face and smile like a fraud businessman.

"Five thousand? Are you robbing?" Pangzi and Liu Sang said in unison.

"Anyways, you have to compensate me for mental damage." Right now, his heart is full of ache that only money can soothe the pain.

"No money." Liu Sang deadpanned.

"Four thousand." Hei Xiazi bid insistently while facing Liu Sang and Pangzi.

"No money." Pangzi also joined. What a joke. He's very poor okay? He thought before turning his back against Hei Xiazi and lean on Zhang Qiling, who let him be.

"Who's the old and new love?" Su Wan whispered to Yang Hao beside him. Only the two of them seems to be interested in this peace of information about Zhang Qiling.

"I don't know." Xiao Tang said behind them. The two ducklings jumped as they almost forgot about this guy. He just smiled sheepishly as he hugged their shoulders.

"But seriously, I don't know too. How about we ask someone later?" Su Wan felt that his words make sense so he nodded and keep this matter in the back of his mind before the three of them continued watching Hei Xiazi keep bidding price with the others.

"Three thous---Huh?" Hei Xiezi stopped bidding for higher price as he felt something coming towards his side which he catches immediately.