Leaving (2)

Chapter 24: Leaving (2)

Everyone sat down at the dining table and started eating dinner. Only sounds of breathing and utensils being used can be heard inside the room.

Everyone steals a glance at Wu Xie, who is abnormally silent. Hei Yanjing kicked Pangzi on foot, who was sitting opposite him, under the table causing Fatty to almost drop his hold on his chopsticks. He ignored Pangzi's glare and pointed at Wu Xie, who bowed down to his food without looking at others.

Pangzi turned to Xiaoge beside him and poke at his arm. Zhang Qiling glanced at him and asked him what was the matter using his stares. Pangzi pointed at Wu Xie using his mouth, causing Xiaoge to look at the silent Wu Xie.

Wu Xie felt stares pointed at him throughout the dinner but remained silent. He finished his food and waited for the others to finish too. After the last person ate his food, Wu Xie dropped the news on them.

"Xiaoge is leaving." Countless surprised looks and gasps can be heard inside the room. Pangzi, who is drinking his tea, spurted it in front of him, causing Hei Yanjing to be dumbfounded at being sprayed with tea mixed with saliva.

Xie Yuchen frowns in disgust and gives a clean handkerchief to Hei Yanjing, who takes it and wipes his face. Pangzi did not notice the look he was given by his victim as he turned to Zhang Qiling after wiping his mouth.

"Xiaoge, you are leaving? For what?" Wu Xie heard a familiar voice and snapped his head in that direction, he saw Pangzi sitting beside Xiaoge and was surprised that he did not leave.

"Pangzi! You are still here, I thought you left for business already." Pangzi sighs and looks at him with a hint of worry and mock blame.

"I would have if the two of you didn't fall into another coma-like sleep. Three days. You had me worried for the both of you for three days." Pangzi wants to continue reprimanding the two when he remembers the matter at hand, "Wait, let's talk about Xiaoge first. Why is he leaving?" Pangzi asked Wu Xie since he knew he wouldn't get an explanation from Xiaoge.

"He needs to leave for something important and it might take a while to come back." Wu Xie said plainly and leaned his back on the chair, as he glanced around the curious faces of the people in the room.

"Don't ask me what it is, even Xiaoge doesn't know. Only, how to get there." He shrugged, causing some people to frown.

"Then, let's go with him. So no one will get worried." Wu Xie shook his head at Pangzi after hearing.

"We can't. Xiaoge said no one can enter it but him." He sighed and felt worried even though he knew Zhang Qiling was strong enough.

Pangzi slumped in his seat after hearing that. He cannot help but feel worried as his friend will leave for a long time and he is not there to help. He looked at Wu Xie, who also looked dejected at this matter, and Zhang Qiling, who silently looked at Wu Xie, as usual.

The room was silent after the duo stopped talking. The others only looked at each other trying to think of a way to cheer them up but found nothing can be used at this moment. With Zhang Qiling leaving, Wu Xie would definitely be affected one way or another.

----

A female in a black and purple robe was greeted by the sound of clashing with metal as she arrived in a forest. She saw a person wearing gray fighting five people with swords in a clearing near a wooden hut.

She didn't disturb them and leaned on one of the trees in the forest, intending to watch their fight.

The figure in gray playfully dodged as someone rushed toward him. He raised his sword upwards and greeted another person's sword to his head. He turned around and poked his sword shallowly at the enemy's chest. His enemy was enraged at his taunt and aimed the sword vertically at his neck only for him to bend to avoid it and move towards the nearest person and kick him in the chest.

"Finish it fast. I don't have all day." He heard a familiar voice and looked in the direction of it. He flashed a smile at the familiar figure and nodded. His playful expression turned serious as he looked back at his enemies with dead eyes. He then smiled expressionlessly and moved from his position.

The female watching turned around to walk towards the car and did not bat her eyes as she heard countless grunts and cries of someone from the scene behind her. She arrived at the parked car and entered the passenger seat. She comfortably leans on the car seat and waits for the figure in gray to finish.

The door on the driver's seat opened and someone sat down beside her. She raised her hand to her nose as she smelled a hint of blood and burnt from the man beside her. The man noticed and smelled himself and found no scent.

"There is no smell though?" She only raised her head to look at him and rolled her eyes before opening her mouth.

"Then appear like that in front of Fengjun and see if he thinks there is no smell." The man shivers and only zips his mouth after hearing this before turning to look in front. He doesn't want to be thrown into a pool full of cleaning products again.

"Where do we go?" He asked after a short silence and looked over as a phone rang at this moment. He watched as his companion answered the call and remained silent. After a few moments of listening, the woman only said okay and hung up the phone. He was silent as he waited for her to talk about their destination.

"Go back to HQ." He was surprised for a moment before nodding and reviving the car. He took one more look at the burning hut he created and smirked, then rushed away from the forest.

---

Wu Xie turned left and right on his bed, trying to find a good position to sleep. He opens his eyes and looks at the ceiling, trying to stop himself from overthinking, and coaxes himself to sleep. He then looked at his window, seeing the night sky through his open window before he closed his eyes.

After a moment, he releases a groan in annoyance as he feels that he can't sleep. He looked at the clock on his bedside table and saw that it was ten in the evening, the time when he was supposed to be sleeping deeply.

Hours passed and he felt his eyelids heavy. He squinted as he saw a black figure inside his room. The figure moved to his bedside and Wu Xie felt a blanket covering him. A faint sigh can be heard above his head as he felt a light touch on his head. He tried to open his eyes to see who it was only to feel them getting heavier and finally closed.

The figure looked at the person sleeping on the bed with a hint of reluctance, then turned to walk to the open window to leave. He took one last look at Wu Xie and jumped out of the window, not forgetting to close it gently, before leaving.