Saving Li Cu

Chapter 11: Saving Li Cu

The group arrived near the abandoned building. Wu Xie parks the van and holds his walkie-talkie to brief everyone.

"Okay. Everyone listens to me. The floor plan of the building was memorized in the car when we set off. This building has six floors with two floors being the basement. There are two entries in the building, the main entrance, and the back entrance. Our group will take the entrance and search the basement up to the first floor, while Xiao Hua's group will take the back entrance and search from the second floor and above. Remember to report if you find Li Cu or anything strange inside the building."

"Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes!"

A series of confirmations appear from the walkie-talkie as the group prepares to enter. Wu Xie watches as Xiao Hua's group moves and disappears from sight.

Signaling his group to enter the entrance, he took his gun and stayed alert to the surroundings. They walk on a stone path leading to the main entrance of the abandoned building.

Wu Xie looked at Liu Sang to ask if it was safe and Liu Sang nodded.

Upon entering, the door creaks creating an echo as they walk through the door. The group used their flashlights to see the surroundings.

"This should be a factory. Just don't know why it was abandoned." A large area full of dust and trash greets the group, on the left are rotten woods and furniture while on the right are steel and broken glasses.

Wu Xie stops observing the surroundings and signals the group to continue walking while talking.

"There should be rooms here when we turn and a door leading to the basement."

They turned a corner and found a hallway leading to three rooms. The rooms were opened one by one but there were no signs of Li Cu.

"Wait." Liu Sang stopped the group before they proceeded to the basement.

"Did you hear something?" Liu Sang shakes his head no and looks solemnly toward the group.

"That's what's strange. Aside from the other group, I can't hear anyone else besides us."

"Is it possible that there are soundproof rooms here?" Wu Xie whispers to himself, but in the silent environment, everyone can hear it.

"That's possible. After all, in the Third Master's information, there are people living here." Wang Meng said.

"That's right. It's strange." Liu Sang agreed.

"Forget it. Let's look for Li Cu first."

Zhang Qiling walks in front of the group and leads the way. He walks to a door and tries to open the door but it wouldn't open. He turned to Wu Xie and saw him watching his move.

Wu Xie walked forward to try opening the door but it still had the same result. He looks at Yang Hao and Wang Meng, and the two immediately understand.

The others moved far away as Yang Hao and Wang Meng forced their bodies towards the door, causing the old door to collapse. They walked through the door and looked at the surroundings.

A well-preserved hallway greets them causing the group to look at each other. Wu Xie signals the others to stay quiet as they walk through the hallway.

They move silently, checking each room for possible humans but no one is inside.

"Did the people here know we were coming so they retreated in advance?"

"It can't be. Third Uncle would have said so if the people here retreated.."